+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

David Wilson Expects Competition But Ready To Be Starting Running Back

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...competiti.html

Excerpt: "David Wilson was the Giants' first-round pick last year, but he doesn't expect the starting running back job to automatically be handed to him.

"The job is not given to anybody, you’ve just got to go out and earn it," Wilson said today, at a Boost Mobile "Shrink Hunger" community event, to help City Harvest combat hunger in New York City.

Ahmad Bradshaw was cut by the Giants last month, and the team has said Wilson, Andre Brown, Ryan Torain and Da'Rel Scott will all compete for playing time.

So Wilson has been mostly staying in New Jersey, training and preparing at the Giants' facility. He said he's added a few pounds of muscle -- he wants to play between 208 and 210 pounds, up from 205 last year -- in order to be a better pass protector, which he knows is the key to him staying on the field.

"Because at the end of the day, Eli is our quarterback in there," Wilson said. "And when the game is in a tough situation, the ball is going to be in his hands to make decisions. And when he makes those decisions, he’s got to be able to stand in the pocket." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Good, hopefully he's training well.

competition is usually good for any given position....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

i have a good feeling about wilson
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 6 games

16 rushes for 185 yards 2 td
    21 pancake blocks
    25 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0-1 record

I really want Eli and Wilson to be able to hook up on more screen passes this season and let this kid fly down the field.
    Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kissjrj View Post
    I really want Eli and Wilson to be able to hook up on more screen passes this season and let this kid fly down the field.
    Tell that to Gilbride.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    i have a good feeling about wilson
    i agree! in the end he could be better than the guys taken before him in the draft!

I want Wilson to succeed but I'm really pulling for Brown, either way we win :-)

i heard him interviewed and said he wants to continue returning kicks said he will do everything in his power to keep doing it. said the only way he wont put up a fight if he was told he wasnt returning kicks is if he is told it will take away from his carries
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 6 games

16 rushes for 185 yards 2 td
    21 pancake blocks
    25 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0-1 record

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    competition is usually good for any given position....
    Absolutely critical
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1