+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here is a question

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Well it's not always the best philisophy, because you're not drafting a position of need, but that's just me.
    2 superbowls in 4 years tells a different story though. Here is why I think its possible, Patterson is a talented wr who imo would be a perfect replacement if nicks or cruz are not back. I would not be surprised if we take him, I think nicks injury history and the prospect of having to give him big money will impact the decision.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    A big hell no

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Patterson has to much bust potential, at a positon we have solid players and depth across the board.. He reminds me of Darrius Heyward Bey, who i knew would be a bust.. I'm just not sold on the guy, nor do we need a WR..

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    The guy is a top 10 talent if he is there at 19 it wouldn't surprise me he takes him
    Please, if this draft wasn't so thin at WR, this guy wouldn't even be a 1st rd. Pick

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    If Cordarrelle Patterson is on the board at 19 does JR pull the trigger and take him. I say yes he does.
    Only if Matt Barkley isn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Please, if this draft wasn't so thin at WR, this guy wouldn't even be a 1st rd. Pick
    You think so? What do you base your opinion on? Im not trying to be a smart *** I am just trying to spark a conversation and I always like to hear others opinions on a subject.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Patterson has to much bust potential, at a positon we have solid players and depth across the board.. He reminds me of Darrius Heyward Bey, who i knew would be a bust.. I'm just not sold on the guy, nor do we need a WR..
    I understand Patterson has only one year at d1 level but I think he has way more physical ability then heyward-bey. Also heyward-bey was a combine star if I remember correctly and didn't exactly warrant where the raiders selected him. IMO if heyward-bey was selected later in the draft by a different team I think it may have worked out differently for him. But being selected in the top 10 you are expected to produce at a high level out of the gate.

I just want to be clear I am not suggesting the Giants select Patterson, I am just asking if he is available does JR pull the trigger on him. I don't see the Giants taking OL/LB in the first at all. So that leaves DL/DB/WR with that pick, I am curious to see where they go. I know a lot of people want to see Ogletree but the guy is a sideline too sideline type guy. I think he is vulnerable when you run power right at him.

If he thinks highly of him, yeah. I still believe Reese will go BPA. Obviously he will weigh the OL or DL heavier, but if he sees Patterson as a top 5 pick this year and he falls to 19, and no DL or OL players he likes are left, Id say he would be all over him.

Nicks? Oft injured. Cruz? May not be able to hold onto him. Randle? Jernigan? Barden?

IMO, Patterson is the going to be a very good #1 WR in the NFL. He was actually the WR I liked during the year when everyone else was talking about that kid from Cal Clemson and USC. Also, like Tavarres King from Georgia and Mark Harrison from Rutgers late.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    If he thinks highly of him, yeah. I still believe Reese will go BPA. Obviously he will weigh the OL or DL heavier, but if he sees Patterson as a top 5 pick this year and he falls to 19, and no DL or OL players he likes are left, Id say he would be all over him.

Nicks? Oft injured. Cruz? May not be able to hold onto him. Randle? Jernigan? Barden?

IMO, Patterson is the going to be a very good #1 WR in the NFL. He was actually the WR I liked during the year when everyone else was talking about that kid from Cal Clemson and USC. Also, like Tavarres King from Georgia and Mark Harrison from Rutgers late.
    I was thinking the same thing regarding Nicks. I love the guy, he is tough as nails but come FA time I don't know how much the FO would give him given his injury history. Especially if another team breaks the bank for him. That is why I asked the question, JR has shown he will draft for a possible future need. I am thinking about it this way, Patterson can sit for a year and learn from Nicks, Cruz and Eli. It also gives JR insurance in the event we loose Nicks or Cruz. He admitted they considered RR at the bottom of the first last year.

+ Reply to Thread