+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brian Urlacher?

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I love how every one of these threads now starts with "I don't usually do this but," !! lol
    Haha, you're right but people, including myself, are getting desperate. The Giants are soft as hell as LB and when Rivers is put in a full body cast at the end of their first practice, the thought of defending all of these mobile with our older and slow D makes us want to throw ourselves in front of a steamroller.

I mean, people keep saying the Giants will draft a LB in the early rounds? LMAO, I'll believe it when I see it and won't hold my breath...
    Last edited by JB456; 03-21-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    I'm not one to throw names out and expect us to sign every free agent. However, he cant be much worse than connor at this point in his career. He's a bit slow and a bit long in the tooth but would be a good fit here IMO. If, of course, the price is right.
    Id take him cheap but he turned down a 1 year two mil contract from Da Bears. IDK if we have the cap room. However Connor is younger, healthier, and more athletic at this point in their respective careers. Connor has played well when given his opportunities. I have no problem with him fighting for a Starting job and adding Urlacher would do nothing but improve our MLB position

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by LayLow View Post
    Ha! Knew this was coming.

No freaking way. Much rather bring Chase back
    Ever play the game bud? Urlacher's presence on the field (AND leadership) is enough for the Giants organization to be at least somewhat interested. Chase was no leader and he was just an average LB. Some of you guys kill me.

Yeah, let's call him and see if we can pick him up. I shouldn't have to say, "for the right price," just to please some of you kids. That just goes without saying...

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    Id take him cheap but he turned down a 1 year two mil contract from Da Bears. IDK if we have the cap room. However Connor is younger, healthier, and more athletic at this point in their respective careers. Connor has played well when given his opportunities. I have no problem with him fighting for a Starting job and adding Urlacher would do nothing but improve our MLB position
    Well said. However, Urlacher said that he wouldn't take 2 million from the Bears....

I don't know. It would just be nice to get an actual leader out there for our defense.

The 2 Mill. Offer Was A Slap In The Face

Well that is what He said according to Mike and Mike in the AM. We have seen odder things happen. Welker took less jack ( supposedly ) to be Peyton Manning's new " Little Buckeroo " When you can't always get what you want, ( Great Song ) Sometimes a player will go somewhere else just to show-up His former team in another uniform. " Hey Brian, come on over the water's fine. Play for the League Minimum, and actually win a Super Bowl "

Quote Originally Posted by PRGiant View Post
    Ahh...Here is the Urlacher thread!! lol
    I'm shocked nobody started a David Akers thread yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    That's ignorant. I'm not a Chase hater, I actually liked him more or less (called for his head a few times too though lol) but come on. Urlacher a year or 2 from retirement is more of an asset to any team over chase. And that's not just on reputation. That's just a better player, even at this stage of his career. That said, he wouldn't resign with Chi for a low salary and we just signed Connor. No way we make a play unless he begs to come here and even then...
    Chase had a better year last year than Urlacher did

I wonder if he will take a $2.53 one year contact with 75 cents guaranteed.

On a serious note, I would love to have him, but we'd have to offer him about 2-3 mil.

If it were just his age it would be a lot easier to make the decision for a short term deal, but he's also coming off a major knee injury.

However, I'm expecting Reese to once again neglect the LB position in the draft, which might change my opinion on Urlacher.

A 70% Urlacher might be better than what the Giants have after the draft.....in his prime his production was off the charts. And, he's coming from a Lovie Smith defense, which is very similar to what Fewell does.

Still, considering the Connor signing, there's no need to make a decision until after the draft.....and then, they could kick his tires. He'll be 2 years removed from the knee injury.

As a sidenote, the Bears didn't handle this well....from what I'm hearing in the papers, there was really no effort made to work a deal, and there was no "mutual" agreement to part ways, according to Urlacher's camp.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 03-21-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Nothing against Urlacher, but I don't see him ending up in a Giants uni. I don't know what kind of money he is looking for---but apparently 1yr at 2 mil was not it. At 35, Urlacher may have 2 yrs left. I think a team will sign him as a stop gap/band-aid, but I don't think it will be for top dollar. And who knows, Urlacher may want to go to a contender, since he is in the twilight of his career.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88