+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Roger Godell is the worse thing ever to happen to the NFL

He is allowing the game to degenerate into a wussified version of what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    He is allowing the game to degenerate into a wussified version of what it used to be.
    You realize 31 owners voted for this rule, right?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

EVERYONE WATCH OUT!! The sky is falling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    it's not only this ridiculously stupid rule Roa ...it's everything he has done since obtaining the position

worse commissioner at least in my memory with out a doubt ...and my memory goes back to the early days of Rozelle

next our linemen won't be in 3 pt stances , you will get fined for passing gas in the huddle , and the QB will be wearing flags

I miss the days when men played football

broke bones in their face and stayed in the game , bled from the mouth and there was no such thing as turf toe
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 03-20-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Grab your torches & pitchforks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    it's not only this ridiculously stupid rule....it's everything he has done since obtaining the position

worse commissioner at least in my memory with out a doubt ...and my memory goes back to the early days of Rozelle

next our linemen won't be in 3 pt stances and the QB will be wearing flags

I miss the days when men played football
    I understand, but everything is driven by economics and these impending lawsuits from hundreds/thousands of former players, should they be successful, could bring the NFL to its knees. In the meantime, they have to show some good faith effort to reduce head injuries. It's easy to say "sign waivers" or "the players know what they are getting into" but that doesn't prevent them from suing.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

And to a large degree these rules get made up in the Rules and Competition Committee meetings which are comprised of the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And to a large degree these rules get made up in the Rules and Competition Committee meetings which are comprised of the owners.
    We won't know the full impact until the season starts.

We won't know the full impact until the season starts.
    I'm definitely not a fan of the rule. The one thing I would like, though, is to have these "safety" rules be automatically reviewed by the booth. The refs are told to throw the flag when in doubt. At least if we had booth reviews checking them, we'd have few crap calls that could potentially cost a team a game.

It's the lawsuits by the players against the NFL that are driving these rules. The NFL has to take player safety seriously and show they are taking steps to improve safety, as they learn more. The players created this with the lawsuits. Godell is trying to save the league