+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dan Connor: Run Stopper

Goff was a tackling machine!!!!!!! check the stats but I remember as a witness. Goff was a true run stopper!

Quote Originally Posted by Breezely View Post
    Interesting article/blog, that states that Dan Connor should be an upgrade at the middle linebacker position. The article/ blog compared Dan Connor to Jonathan Goff.
    http://gmenhq.com/2013/03/20/lb-dan-...iants-defense/
    Oh no, NOT JONATHAN GOFF!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Anybody who thought Goff stunk, i suggest you watch his highlights..The first two plays, the way he shot through the gaps, he was very good, stout in the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69d2cqTrM7w
    those first 2 plays, and almost every play in that clip. Goff is shooting a gap and playing downhill going untouched by an OL. Not to discredit him but a guy like ogeltree, whom i am staunchly opposed to picking at 19, prob makes each 1 of those plays easily and prob causes more big plays. that was the 1 thing i disliked about goff, whom otherwise i actually felt was a fine MLB and actually possessed the ability to play coverage (imo he was improving vastly each year in that regard), he never made big time plays. rarely ever an int or ff, esp when it was direly needed although he was great at getting TFLs...thats something we've missed from the MLB going back before Pierce even...Pierce is revered for the most part here for nothing else bc he was consistent. and for some reason, prob bc we're tired of "just consistent", CB is killed bc of it when both AP and CB are virtually the same exact type of MLB

Starter
    I truely hate that Reese takes no pride in the line backer position on the Giants of all teams, and even when he he does draft. He never drafts high he always waits and drafts busts its getting ridicules that he makes no effort to make the position better
    Last edited by BigJ; 03-22-2013 at 02:28 AM.

Goff was actually starting to grow on me before he got hurt. We do need to seriously get someone in the middle that is more like Pierce in his hey day!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    I truely hate that Reese takes no pride in the line backer position on the Giants of all teams, and even when he he does draft. He never drafts high he always waits and drafts busts its getting ridicules that he makes no effort to make the position better
    Why would he use high picks on a position that plays less and less snaps every year in the NFL. U realize most teams base is the Nickel now

[QUOTE=Redeyejedi;719652]Why would he use high picks on a position that plays less and less snaps every year in the NFL. U realize most teams base is the Nickel now[/QUOT

Finally someone who understands the lack of value a MLB has in todays NFL. This isn't the NFL of the 80 and this isn't the Giants of the 80, MLB is not a premium position that you spend a high draft pick on.

Bench Player
    [QUOTE=giantsfam04;719672]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Why would he use high picks on a position that plays less and less snaps every year in the NFL. U realize most teams base is the Nickel now[/QUOTFinally someone who understands the lack of value a MLB has in todays NFL. This isn't the NFL of the 80 and this isn't the Giants of the 80, MLB is not a premium position that you spend a high draft pick on.
    Yea def not important especially for a team that ranked 25th against the run in 2012

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Anybody who thought Goff stunk, i suggest you watch his highlights..The first two plays, the way he shot through the gaps, he was very good, stout in the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69d2cqTrM7w
    I always liked Goff. I never understood why no effort was made to keep him.
    Last edited by GeoGoGo; 03-22-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Mis-spelling

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    my point was to the member who posted what I responded to was if CB was so bad that anything is better then why was he playing in the first place.
    I know why Chase was the starter......
    I also know why he was cut and not resigned until mid season in 2011

+ Reply to Thread