+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: WHO SHOULD START ON DEFENSE?

  1. #21
    Veteran ryan12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    RUDYY IS THE MIKE!!!!!
    Posts
    4,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I know religion isn't allowed on these boards, but please bear with me: God help us all if Antrel Rolle is starting at cornerback for us this season.
    wow i agree with you
    FUTURE NFL STAR



    through 4 games

    13 rushes for 100 yards and a td
    13pancake blocks
    15 tackles (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14)
    4-0 record

  2. #22
    Veteran ryan12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    RUDYY IS THE MIKE!!!!!
    Posts
    4,605
    Quote Originally Posted by talbot View Post
    Ya'll have given up on Webster already?

    LDE: Justin Tuck
    LDT: Cullen Jenkins
    RDT: Linval Joseph
    RDE: Jason Pierre-Paul

    SLB: Jacquain Williams
    MLB: Dan Connor
    WLB: Keith Rivers

    CB: Prince Amukamara
    FS: Antrel Rolle
    SS: Stevie Brown
    CB: Corey Webster
    this will be opening day d however if it were up to me hosley would be #2 cb and webster would be #3
    FUTURE NFL STAR



    through 4 games

    13 rushes for 100 yards and a td
    13pancake blocks
    15 tackles (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14)
    4-0 record

  3. #23
    No way Rolle plays CB, other than if he is forced to be the nickel CB. And at this point i think T2 will be lucky to make the team, forget about cracking the starting line up. barring injury of coarse.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I know religion isn't allowed on these boards, but please bear with me: God help us all if Antrel Rolle is starting at cornerback for us this season.
    i dont know if Rolle will ever "start" at cornerback for the Giants!

    he will remain as our starting safety but will at times provide support as a cornerback!

    personally i think hes been very effective when put in that supportative role and hope the Giants continue those schemes!

  5. #25
    here's what Rotoworld thinks..

    LE: Justin Tuck
    RE: Jason Pierre-Paul
    DT: Linval Joseph
    DT: Cullen Jenkins*
    MLB: Mark Herzlich
    WLB: Jacquian Williams
    SLB: Mathias Kiwanuka
    LCB: Corey Webster
    RCB: Prince Amukamara
    FS: Stevie Brown
    SS: Antrel Rolle

    Defensive Overview: The Giants still have the makings of a strong, deep front four, but their back seven is a major concern. Kept after a pay cut, Webster's return isn't necessarily good news barring a dramatic turnaround in his age-31 season. Amukamara looks like he'll be a solid starter, but nickel back is another weakness. All three linebacker positions could be opened to competition if Kiwanuka moves back to end after a sluggish 2012 season. Tuck, 30, isn't the player he once was. GM Jerry Reese is the best in the business, but this defense needs work. He has eight picks in April’s draft.

  6. #26
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Gotta mix a little jaron and hill in there. These guys will eventually be starters
    +1

  7. #27
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,102
    Quick question is Kiwi going to stay at LB or you think he will go back to DE? I like him at DE a lot, I think he is better there where he does not have to worry about coverage as much. Some packages we could use him as a blitzer from the OLB position with JPP and Tuck at the DE's. I think a Tuck/Kiwi rotation with JPP and maybe mix a draft pick or someone young who has shown some potential like Tracy/Ojomo in there every once in a while.

  8. #28
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,660
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Gotta mix a little jaron and hill in there. These guys will eventually be starters
    I don't think Hosley will ever be an everyday starter on the outside. I think we drafted him to be our nickle guy. No shame in that, especially seeing as nickle CB is damn near a starter anyway.

  9. #29
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,660
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Quick question is Kiwi going to stay at LB or you think he will go back to DE? I like him at DE a lot, I think he is better there where he does not have to worry about coverage as much. Some packages we could use him as a blitzer from the OLB position with JPP and Tuck at the DE's. I think a Tuck/Kiwi rotation with JPP and maybe mix a draft pick or someone young who has shown some potential like Tracy/Ojomo in there every once in a while.
    Saying Osi leaves, he'll probably play more DE than LB. However, we'll definitely use him at both spots regardless of which he plays primarily.

  10. #30
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Saying Osi leaves, he'll probably play more DE than LB. However, we'll definitely use him at both spots regardless of which he plays primarily.
    Yeah I agree with that. I kind of feel bad for the guy because he it seems he literally gets moved from DE to LB every other year haha. It is nice to have versatility I suppose!

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts