+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boothe needs to be locked up

Quote Originally Posted by sethm View Post
    Huh? Your point is if I understand it, is that if you have a reliable piece of a team that as you state is a "SOLID" player you are against signing a long term deal. I really do not get that philosophy. Not every position, in fact most positions are not all-pro caliber. You want a team that is solid in all areas. You get a piece that is as you say solid you try to keep them.

That said, he is in my opinion the best option at this time. A known commodity that is very familiar with the system and a continued continuity on the OL pays larger dividends down the road.
    I think his point is that he doesn't want to have to overpay for Boothe, as Boothe is likely looking for his big payday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    Boothe will be 30 years old at the start of the season. Giving him a long term deal and tying up funds would be unwise. Develop Mosley, pick up a Willie Colon or draft a young stud to replace Boothe is the most cost efficient option.
    If the goal is to be in contention you'd rather have Boothe. He hasn't gotten any offers as far as we know, so his accepting price might not be prohibitive now.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

id rather just draft warmack/cooper, get a much higher level of play for cheaper because of the rookie pay scale...itd be nice if we could wait til after the draft to decide what to do with boothe

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    id rather just draft warmack/cooper, get a much higher level of play for cheaper because of the rookie pay scale...itd be nice if we could wait til after the draft to decide what to do with boothe
    How do you know what level of play you're going to get from any draft pick?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I think his point is that he doesn't want to have to overpay for Boothe, as Boothe is likely looking for his big payday.
    The logic fails me sorry. Bird in the hand...at the right price I agree though

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I thought they already restructured Diehl.

I don't agree that Boothe needs to be locked up. It would be a good thing but he's not elite at the position and he could end up getting overpaid. The Giants have guys like Mosley and Cordle who IMO are not far off in overall talent. Granted they're not proven but the Giants still have a chance of landing guys in the draft like Cooper or Warford also.

I don't think the re-signing of Boothe should be all that urgent....not yet just in my opinion.
    I like Boothe, but I agree with you. And with all due respect to Diehl who I really loved as a Giant, he needs a serious pay cut. I'd really like to have him back as a back-up, but he's best days or WAAAAYYYY gone and he's only worthy maybe 1/3 of his current salary.

We need better than Boothe if our OL is going to be upgraded from last year. I would like Boothe as depth for several spots along the OL and at a modest price. As our starter, we need a masher who can actually move a DL off the line of scrimmage. If we can't find that person then we need someone of equal talent at a low price. If Boothe has suiters for big numbers, we don't need to chase him.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    there are some good lineman in the draft. if not jockel they could go get menlik watson or howie long's other son, chris long.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    there are some good lineman in the draft. if not jockel they could go get menlik watson or howie long's other son, chris long.
    I'll take an upgrade wherever we can find it. We need to get back to physical. We have too many dancing bears on this team including Beatty, Osi, Boothe etc.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    We need better than Boothe if our OL is going to be upgraded from last year. I would like Boothe as depth for several spots along the OL and at a modest price. As our starter, we need a masher who can actually move a DL off the line of scrimmage. If we can't find that person then we need someone of equal talent at a low price. If Boothe has suiters for big numbers, we don't need to chase him.
    I agree no chasing Boothe if he gets a sniff from someone else. I do not agree that he is not good enough to be a solid starter in this league.

+ Reply to Thread