+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Define Locked up, he is an average LG. locked up like 2 years 5 million or are u talking 4 years 16 million
    That's the rub, I am no coach so my opinion of his ability relies on the eyeball test and in my opinion he is average or better against top Dline play. He is partial to penalties but they may be all due to the different positioning he has had to adjust to. He seems to have good feet and good burst to get out front. I think that your question is very valid so I will be a coward and answer that it should be 3 years 11 million 2 million signing bonus

Starter
    Yes. Solid B+ guard. I think he stays. I think he would have left already if the crazy money was offered.
    Just get Boothe & Cruz on board and I like our chances vs any team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by KATKAVAGE75 View Post
    Yes. Solid B+ guard. I think he stays. I think he would have left already if the crazy money was offered.
    Just get Boothe & Cruz on board and I like our chances vs any team in the league.
    B+ would put him in above average territory which he is not. He's average at best. I'd like to see him back at the right price, but I'm not going to shed any tears if he leaves.

Most athletes play with the most motivation, and perform best, during their year prior to free agency. If you agree with this, then we can assume that last season is the absolute best that Boothe will play. With that as his ceiling (not likely to be matched), how much do you pay him?

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    B+ would put him in above average territory which he is not. He's average at best. I'd like to see him back at the right price, but I'm not going to shed any tears if he leaves.
    Right he is a c+ guard.

Quote Originally Posted by sethm View Post
    Reports have circulated that the Giants want to restructure the contract of David Diehl, but no agreement has yet been announced.
    According ESPN the Giants are very interested in signing Boothe but have a CAP problem. According to Spotrak the Giants are at $121,359,531
    of the 123 million. Apparently they are talking with Diehl to restructure his contract.

on a related issue this paragraph re Eli restructure from in todays Post quoting John Mara"

“That’s always an option at some point in time, but he’s proven to be worth the amount of salary-cap space that’s been allocated to him,’’ Mara said. “That’s something you could always do at some point to create more room. But again, the more room you create in current years, you have to pay that back at some point in time, and you don’t want to put yourself in a position where you are in salary-cap jail and you’re forced to cut an inordinate number of players. That’s something that may be discussed at some point in the future, but that’s not on our radar right now.”

Simply put we are nowhere without a better than Avg OL. I am not saying Boothe is an all pro but he was I think one of the most versatile and at times best of the bunch.
    I' feel a lot better focusing on a RT. Maybe Vollmer or Winston. I'm actually OK with a rook at LG if that's necessary.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I' feel a lot better focusing on a RT. Maybe Vollmer or Winston. I'm actually OK with a rook at LG if that's necessary.
    agreed but curious to see what mosley brings to table at lg
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Right he is a c+ guard.
    Agreed, like most players discussed on these boards, Boothe is overhyped. Hes nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It would be nice, but Diehl hasnt been cut. They just arent looking for a RT, thats obvious. Diehl will be the starting RT next season.

Quote Originally Posted by sethm View Post
    Reports have circulated that the Giants want to restructure the contract of David Diehl, but no agreement has yet been announced.
    According ESPN the Giants are very interested in signing Boothe but have a CAP problem. According to Spotrak the Giants are at $121,359,531
    of the 123 million. Apparently they are talking with Diehl to restructure his contract.

on a related issue this paragraph re Eli restructure from in todays Post quoting John Mara"

“That’s always an option at some point in time, but he’s proven to be worth the amount of salary-cap space that’s been allocated to him,’’ Mara said. “That’s something you could always do at some point to create more room. But again, the more room you create in current years, you have to pay that back at some point in time, and you don’t want to put yourself in a position where you are in salary-cap jail and you’re forced to cut an inordinate number of players. That’s something that may be discussed at some point in the future, but that’s not on our radar right now.”

Simply put we are nowhere without a better than Avg OL. I am not saying Boothe is an all pro but he was I think one of the most versatile and at times best of the bunch.
    Sent you a PM
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1