+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Carr's Mobility Is A Giant Assett

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-a-giant-asset

There’s a lot that Tom Coughlin likes about having David Carr as Eli Manning’s backup. One of those things is Carr’s feet.

Excerpt: "With the proliferation of spread offenses in the NFL (including the one the Giants are likely to see with Chip Kelly’s Philadelphia Eagles next season) and the increasing number of mobile quarterbacks (like Washington’s Robert Griffin III), it helps the Giants to have a quarterback like Carr, who officially re-signed with the Giants on Thursday. Carr can literally “run” the opposing team’s offense.

Yes, Carr – a former No. 1 overall pick – is a quality backup and a good teammate. But the way he moves might be his most valuable trait to the Giants of all.

“I like the room with he and Eli and whoever else is in there,” Coughlin said in quotes provided by the Giants. “Don't forget, there's another side to David Carr. David Carr can run, he's fast, he's athletic, no matter who we're going to play he can be the opposition's quarterback and do it very well. He does a good job of it. He runs the option.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-a-giant-asset

There’s a lot that Tom Coughlin likes about having David Carr as Eli Manning’s backup. One of those things is Carr’s feet.

Excerpt: "With the proliferation of spread offenses in the NFL (including the one the Giants are likely to see with Chip Kelly’s Philadelphia Eagles next season) and the increasing number of mobile quarterbacks (like Washington’s Robert Griffin III), it helps the Giants to have a quarterback like Carr, who officially re-signed with the Giants on Thursday. Carr can literally “run” the opposing team’s offense.

Yes, Carr – a former No. 1 overall pick – is a quality backup and a good teammate. But the way he moves might be his most valuable trait to the Giants of all.

“I like the room with he and Eli and whoever else is in there,” Coughlin said in quotes provided by the Giants. “Don't forget, there's another side to David Carr. David Carr can run, he's fast, he's athletic, no matter who we're going to play he can be the opposition's quarterback and do it very well. He does a good job of it. He runs the option.” Read more...
    Yes he's all that. Plus a few other qualities not mentioned.
    Namely "burned out" and "gun-shy".
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes he's all that. Plus a few other qualities not mentioned.
    Namely "burned out" and "gun-shy".
    Everyone has their niche. I bet he wouldn 't have to look up "layette."
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-21-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Everyone has their niche
    Of course. Carr's is holding a clipboard. As long as he doesn't have to play in a real game.

He has one of those games that look great on paper. Good arm, good mobility. But he just can't translate that on the field anymore. Its not really his fault. That moron Chris Palmer was his coach. He's famous for wrecking Tim Couch as well. The Houston organization left him out there to get killed with no O line. When you draft a QB #1, that's means you commit to him completely. You have to protect him and they didn't.
    When he went to Carolina, he was already gone. Now we have a shell of what he once was, or could have been.
    Get well soon 80.

Of course. Carr's is holding a clipboard. As long as he doesn't have to play in a real game.

He has one of those games that look great on paper. Good arm, good mobility. But he just can't translate that on the field anymore. Its not really his fault. That moron Chris Palmer was his coach. He's famous for wrecking Tim Couch as well. The Houston organization left him out there to get killed with no O line. When you draft a QB #1, that's means you commit to him completely. You have to protect him and they didn't.
    When he went to Carolina, he was already gone. Now we have a shell of what he once was, or could have been.

It seems his talents are better suited to the scout team and since we have to have one.....

# 80

It seems his talents are better suited to the scout team and since we have to have one.....
    Look...Maybe he would surprise us all. Maybe enough time has passed where he would actually hang in the pocket for more than a second or two. But I am troubled by the low priority that we seem to be placing on our back up QB. A win now team like us has to have a back up that can go out and win games.
    While I can't know exactly what would happen with Carr, I truly doubt that he can do that except maybe against the worst few teams in the league.
    Get well soon 80.

Look...Maybe he would surprise us all. Maybe enough time has passed where he would actually hang in the pocket for more than a second or two. But I am troubled by the low priority that we seem to be placing on our back up QB. A win now team like us has to have a back up that can go out and win games.
    While I can't know exactly what would happen with Carr, I truly doubt that he can do that except maybe against the worst few teams in the league.
    We may have been lulled into the "Eli is indestructible" syndrome

# 80

We may have been lulled into the "Eli is indestructible" syndrome
    Same people who were lifetime members of the "Peyton Is Indestructible" Club.
    Get well soon 80.

I do wish they would bring someone in even if just to compete with Carr. I realize playing behind a QB like Eli is not a career enhancing job. But Rodgers played (or not) behind Favre for a few years and now he's elite. Is there anyone out there we could afford and who could actually notch wins if Eli were to be out for several weeks.

# 80

Same people who were lifetime members of the "Peyton Is Indestructible" Club.
    There was not way to predict, but now it seems Irsay stepped on his crank.

# 80