+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conditioning an issue for Jason Pierre-Paul

Conditioning an issue for Jason Pierre-Paul

Giants | Conditioning an issue for Jason Pierre-Paul
    Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:00:03 -0700

New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin blamed DE Jason Pierre-Paul's disappointing 2012 season on conditioning issues.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2OBjc8Tgp

Veteran
    JPP is becoming lazy

JPP looked great in the probowl, I hope he continue to play like that in the regular season

A 23-24 year old pro athlete who can do 25 back-flips in a row has conditioning issues? ugh....Coughlin stating that is very uncomplimentary to JPP.
    Last edited by dakotajoe; 03-21-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    A 23-24 year old pro athlete who can do 25 back-flips in a row has conditioning issues? ugh....Coughlin stating that is very uncomplimentary to JPP.
    What does the ability to do 25 back flips in a row have to do with being able to play hard for the full 60minutes each week?

I do not like that at all.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    What does the ability to do 25 back flips in a row have to do with being able to play hard for the full 60minutes each week?
    It demonstrates an amazing athletic ability for his size. Anyone with that type of athletic ability at that age should have no excuse for being anything other than well conditioned. I'm just surprised if Coughlin really said that, that's all.

He needs to up his ice tub-dunking reps.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    It means he has good conditioning. remember its really only 10 seconds of movement and 40 seconds of rest. In addition to a rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    It means he has good conditioning. remember its really only 10 seconds of movement and 40 seconds of rest. In addition to a rotation.
    That means he WAS in good condition when he did that prior to the draft....It does not mean he hasn't gotten complacent in the last 2 years because of all the press hes gotten from the media and the fans....perhaps this was Coughlins way of lighting a fire under him...Lets all be honest....he was not quite the same player last year as the year before....it is possible he didn't work as hard as he should have.....It does happen
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

+ Reply to Thread