+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    It means he has good conditioning. remember its really only 10 seconds of movement and 40 seconds of rest. In addition to a rotation.
    wow!
    you never played the game huh?

it's pretty clear by this statement

and backflips or handsprings have absolutely nothing to do with conditioning .....zero

plus Jason put on a bit of weight on the teams recommendation which makes it harder to stay conditioned

still no excuse
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 03-21-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    A 23-24 year old pro athlete who can do 25 back-flips in a row has conditioning issues? ugh....Coughlin stating that is very uncomplimentary to JPP.
    I think that was Coughlin's intention.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Yes we know he is athletic, doesn't necessarily mean he has been keeping up with his conditioning
    True indeed. He won young and dominated almost purely off his talent. He REALLY enjoyed the spoils, I witnessed that a club in West Palm Beach last yr. Let's just say me made the most of it.

He will be back next yr. Pretty sure he knows it won't be that easy every yr.

yes these are professional athletes and they should be in tip top shape at all times, but if the coaching staff see's that it's players are having conditioning problems then that is on them also. Make these dudes run sprints and gassers until they puke like they did in high school. No excuses on JPP's part either, you are a professional, get it together man

GET WELL SOON

I too think that the double teams and extra weight both contributed to a drop off in his numbers. Like other mentioned, hopefully he comes into camp at 275, I think a good playing weight for JPP. Strength does help a D-linemen, but working on technique goes a long way as well.

Hopefully Jenkins at DT will help to get that push up the middle, especially if JPP keeps getting doubled.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    wow!
    you never played the game huh?

it's pretty clear by this statement

and backflips or handsprings have absolutely nothing to do with conditioning .....zero

plus Jason put on a bit of weight on the teams recommendation which makes it harder to stay conditioned

still no excuse

C'mon YA give it up after reading: Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post

It means he has good conditioning. remember its really only 10 seconds of movement and 40 seconds of rest. In addition to a rotation.

clearly he is "I will never admit I'm wrong" mode

He put on weight really fast as a rookie so he may need to keep up his conditioning to stay in shape. This might be something new for somebody with such natural talent.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    It demonstrates an amazing athletic ability for his size. Anyone with that type of athletic ability at that age should have no excuse for being anything other than well conditioned. I'm just surprised if Coughlin really said that, that's all.
    It's to bad you had to explain your point. I thought it was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    JPP is becoming lazy

JPP looked great in the probowl, I hope he continue to play like that in the regular season
    The Pro Bowl? Are you kidding?

Never had to deal with weight gain but keeping the same performance...Im sure its very hard to do.

Then again I've never played football, just tons of rugby...and as a back