+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft time

Draft time

I based this solely on need and considering nothing but talent.

1. alec ogeltree, LB,,,,,, I know his history but this is based on need and talent.
    2. tank carradine, DE ,,,,,, injury could cause him to fall.
    3. tyrann mathieu, CB/S ,,,, he is small but his play making ability is undeniable, love him or hate him.
    4. sylvester williams, DT ,,,, nice depth and an intriguing prospect, could go higher.
    5. reid fragel, OT ,,,,another nice piece from a solid program.
    6. zac stacy, RB ,,,, hard nosed runner who led the sec in YPC in 2011.
    7. dustin hopkins, K ,,,, time to start grooming a young buck although he could be gone by now.

*****edit 3/21/13****

1. xavier rhodes CB ...big ang physical just like the giants like em.
    2. arthur brown LB ..." the judge"best all around LB in the draft,,probably an OLB in the giants system.
    3. tank carradine, DE ,,,,,, injury could cause him to fall.
    4. sylvester williams DT ...nice depth and an intriguing prospect.
    5. reid fragel OT ...another nice piece from a solid program, OL project
    6. michael mauti LB ...LB from LB U, has some injury concerns but could be a steal.
    7. rontez miles S...Hard hitter, good against the run, great personal story.
    7. zac stacy RB led the SEC in YPC in 2011, an all around back a la ahmad bradshaw.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-21-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Like ogletree, we need a MLB desperately! Mattheiu would make me real happy on draft dAY!..I like Short over williams, but for the 4th he is a big body in the middle . Not bad

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Like ogletree, we need a MLB desperately! Mattheiu would make me real happy on draft dAY!..I like Short over williams, but for the 4th he is a big body in the middle . Not bad
    I think short is gone by the 2nd.

If we didn't sign Jenkins, to be the starter opposite Linval..i woulda taken Short over Tank in the second..Short can even block FG's on special teams. Sylvester was kinda average at Senior Bowl, Short and Jordan Hill played Best at DT, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    If we didn't sign Jenkins, to be the starter opposite Linval..i woulda taken Short over Tank in the second..Short can even block FG's on special teams. Sylvester was kinda average at Senior Bowl, Short and Jordan Hill played Best at DT, imo.
    I like sylvesters size and run stuffing ability and if he did slide to the 4th it would be a nice value, but I hear ya.

Banned
    Say no to drunk LBs with attitude.

getting a dui doesnt make him a drunk,lol. how many of us have been in that same position in our lifetime and just didnt get caught? it's easy to cast stones. did he make some mistakes? sure..is he a young man, yep. did he rape or kill anyone? nope,,,,if there is an organization which could turn this kid around it is the giants. this mock was based on need and value and nothing else.

I'm for any draft that has ogeltree. I want a MLB in the worse way. He undersized but I think the league has changed. There isn't as big a need for the thumper middle lb.

*****edit 3/21/13****

2. arthur brown LB ..." the judge"best all around LB in the draft,,probably an OLB in the giants system.
    6. michael mauti LB ...LB from LB U, has some injury concerns but could be a steal.
    7. zac stacy RB led the SEC in YPC in 2011, an all around back a la ahmad bradshaw.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-21-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    *****edit 3/21/13****

If we got Tank in the 3rd I would probably go F Gump mode and run from my ISU frat house all the way to NYC to personally bow down to JR haha. The kid could be a force in the NFL. I like the draft all around though man. Rhodes is a CB who reminds me of the two freaks at Seattle, Sherman and Browner I believe. Brown in the 2nd would be awesome. I hope he can become a MLB but either way the kid can straight out play. Williams in the 4th would be nice. He shows some real nice flashes in his game. With some good coaching I think he could be a solid NFL player. I do not really know much about Fragel... I have not looked into the OT position a whole lot in this draft except like 1-3 range but I will give him a look for sure. Mauti in the 6th could be a steal. He is a pretty nice player and if he didnt have the injury problems he would go much higher. I really like Rontez Miles, some sites say he could be an UDFA which is kind of crazy considering if you watch his tape he is absolutely killing people out there. Zac Stacy in the 7th as well is a solid pick for sure. I have made that pick a few times and really think that the value at that spot would be hard to pass up. Good job man I really like the draft you put together.