+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toadofsteel mock 4.0

Toadofsteel mock 4.0

Round 1: Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
    Absolutely need to fix the inside of the line. Even if Boothe is re-signed, Snee will be declining any day now, and I for one do NOT want to see DD play LG ever again...

(if Cooper is not there, pick whichever of Werner, Okafor, or Ansah is actually available... that would also be a great value for the pick)

Round 2: Arthur Brown ILB Kansas St.
    I'm going to keep rolling with this pick. Good mix of athleticism and character. Still would need to beef up to be a true inside linebacker in a 4-3, but we have Connor around for a year so he can adjust to the NFL. Probably won't see him much as a rookie, barring injury.

Round 3: Darius Slay CB Mississippi St.
    I'm officially off the Bennie Logan bandwagon now that we have Cullen Jenkins in the rotation there. At least as a 3rd round pick anyway. Anyway, I stole this pick off of Kruunch's mock, and I really like it. I know we've basically re-signed all the CBs that have played for us recently (I'm still waiting for the McQuarters signing personally ), but we need to get younger at the position...

Round 4: Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
    A good LB who has been working on coverage, has GREAT football IQ, and athletic to boot. Not as great at pass rush, but since PF never blitzes that shouldn't be a problem. His value didn't look great earlier on in college because he sucked in a 3-4 system, but was decent-to-good in a 4-3 front.

Round 5: D.C. Jefferson TE Rutgers
    Listed as a poor-man's Martellus Bennett, which we could use now that said Bennett is on the Bears. More of a blocker than a receiver, which again is what we need since Myers is piss poor in blocking.

Round 6: Damion Square DE Alabama
    A versatile backup DL that can play anywhere on the line really and has experience in both 3-4 and 4-3 fronts. Has played 3T, 4-3 DE, and even NT strangely enough at times.

Round 7: Tyrone Goard WR Eastern Kentucky
    6'7". Developmental project. Something to have around for the future in case we can't keep both Nicks and Cruz.

Round 7 comp: Lamar Mady OG Youngstown St.
    Props to Tdawg for pointing this one out to me. Developmental project to be sure, but enough of one that our OL coach scouted him out.

Waiting for everyone to post their negative feedback... COME AT ME BROSIUSES!
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 03-21-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

see you in 2016

dion sims says this is the worst mock draft that I have ever seen!!!!

this is a masterpiece..!! the 1st 4 picks are great

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    this is a masterpiece..!! the 1st 4 picks are great
    Is that.... supposed to be in red? Not sure if trolling or if you actually like.

HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

see you in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Is that.... supposed to be in red? Not sure if trolling or if you actually like.
    no.. no red

Love the brown pick.

Would love Brown in the 2nd, I dont think he will be there though, would def not be mad if we took Cooper

good job, lots of value. not sure they take OL in the 1st but i wouldnt be mad if it were cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    good job, lots of value. not sure they take OL in the 1st but i wouldnt be mad if it were cooper.
    With Beatty at LT and Brewer, Mosley, and Diehl competing for RT duties, it's the interior OL that i'm more worried about. Snee is due to decline any day now and we have no idea if Boothe is coming back.

HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

see you in 2016

Much rater Greene than Brown, Brown is the size of a safety, Greene is built more like Jarvis Jones with similar athleticism..though i believe neither are true MLB, i believe Greene will be the better playmaker.

+ Reply to Thread