+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think was the greatest Giants play of all time?

Veteran
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAABWqhNvtg

and this is what i think is the greatest hit in giants history. i agree with madden, i dont know how collins missed that ball either lol

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehSmLq9J4yc

maybe not the greatest giants play of all time but atleast one of the greatest hits in giants history. like madden said, that is football. look at that mouthpiece go flying. just epic.
    Awesome video. Love that Giants D from the '80s. That D, and team, HATED losing. Great LBs too, but that was a 3-4. I REALLY miss a 3 - 4 D.

Eli to Tyree in the SB...

Nicks running past 5 or 6 dbs for a long td and doing the dirty bird in the end zone against the Falcons in the playoffs last year.

I still think Hostettler holding onto the ball in the endzone getting sacked by Bruce Smith in SBXXV is one of the greatest plays I've seen.

I also like the hail marry to Nicks right before the half in the game against GB....

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I grant you that it was the craziest play. But too many fluky things happened in it to make it the great play you think it is. (In my opinion of course)
    Actually, the most memorable play in that game to me was the Plaxico TD. That was the best moment of the game. Maybe the best moment for me as a Giants fan.
    I don't go as far back as you, but I do go back to 1967 as a Giants fan. The helmet catch was definitely the most bizaare play. (at least among the positive plays)
    The Plax catch was great because we won the SB with that catch. But it was an easy catch. Might not have happened if not for DAVID TYREE!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    The Plax catch was great because we won the SB with that catch. But it was an easy catch. Might not have happened if not for DAVID TYREE!
    How about 4th and one on that drive. BTW DD made a great block on Seymour on that play (for all the DD haters out there)
    I mean plenty of plays were needed to win that SB. The Tyree catch was just the most bazaar.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Cool

OK. If the standard is the most "famous" play, I might tend to agree. Unfortunately if that is indeed the standard, then the Herm Edwards play may be second.
    The question was regarding the "greatest" play in Giants history.
    "The question was regarding the "greatest" play in Giants history. " Yes, and thats the David Tyree catch!
    Giants fan since '58

How about 4th and one on that drive. BTW DD made a great block on Seymour on that play (for all the DD haters out there)
    I mean plenty of plays were needed to win that SB. The Tyree catch was just the most bazaar.
    Like you had typed. "The question was regarding the "greatest" play in Giants history. " not "plays"
    Giants fan since '58

+ Reply to Thread