+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    How about 4th and one on that drive. BTW DD made a great block on Seymour on that play (for all the DD haters out there)I mean plenty of plays were needed to win that SB. The Tyree catch was just the most bazaar.
    Bazaar or luck had nothing to do with it. Eli saw tyree, threw it, and tyree caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Bazaar or luck had nothing to do with it. Eli saw tyree, threw it, and tyree caught it.
    It's bizarre because of the improbability of that play and that's the reason why it's the greatest play. Bizarre is not a bad thing, it just means you would barely see that kind of play being successful, which made it so great because it was all the way successful. It took two players to play their best and be clutch at that moment. Definitely that was not luck, that's pure motivation and determination at its best.

I'd say there was some luck involved. Everything from Eli not getting sacked, to Eli throwing it up for grabs (despite the call of Tyree being wide open) and Tyree catching the ball with his head.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    It's bizarre because of the improbability of that play and that's the reason why it's the greatest play. Bizarre is not a bad thing, it just means you would barely see that kind of play being successful, which made it so great because it was all the way successful. It took two players to play their best and be clutch at that moment. Definitely that was not luck, that's pure motivation and determination at its best.
    Morehead state acts like it being bazaar somehow "downgrades" it .

Bazaar means market, right? Unless there is another meaning for it, then that word does not even make sense to describe that play.

Veteran
    Bazaar means market, right? Unless there is another meaning for it, then that word does not even make sense to describe that play.
    Bizarre. Lol.

Wink

Morehead state loves a good debate and thats what these boards are for. As for myself, hey, its no fun being right all the time!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Morehead state loves a good debate and thats what these boards are for. As for myself, hey, its no fun being right all the time!
    And he loves to argue about Eli Manning because he's a Phil Simms fanatic. Or at least that's what I can attribute his resentment.

And he loves to argue about Eli Manning because he's a Phil Simms fanatic. Or at least that's what I can attribute his resentment.
    Phil Simms lost his job to Hoss, enough said!
    Giants fan since '58

You know I couldn't get my spellcheck to agree with any way i was spelling that word. I now realize its bizarre.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi