+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Phil Simms lost his job to Hoss, enough said!
    May I remind you that the decision was made by maybe the worst HC in Giants history.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    And he loves to argue about Eli Manning because he's a Phil Simms fanatic. Or at least that's what I can attribute his resentment.
    Who am I resenting in this little scenario of yours. I already said that I put the Eli/Manningham pass ahead of the Tyree play. Because it was a perfectly executed play by both players. The Tyree play had a little "fluke" in it.
    Is it your view that I hate 2007 Eli but love 2011 Eli?

You folks like to see only what you want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    May I remind you that the decision was made by maybe the worst HC in Giants history.

Starting Scott Brunner over Simms was worse.

Who am I resenting in this little scenario of yours. I already said that I put the Eli/Manningham pass ahead of the Tyree play. Because it was a perfectly executed play by both players. The Tyree play had a little "fluke" in it.
    Is it your view that I hate 2007 Eli but love 2011 Eli?

You folks like to see only what you want to see.
    Just needling you, man. You have to admit though you love Phil Simms and he is probably your hero, so there is a little envy there which I totally understand. Nothing wrong with it. You can be happy for the Giants, does not mean Eli has to take over your admiration over Phil Simms. That's just my theory. All in light and fun.

I dont look at it like the "greatest single play" because I dont like comparing offensive plays to defensive.

I think offensively it is easily the Tyree catch.

I think defensively it is a harder call. But I have a few favorites:

The Marshal v Montana hit in the 1990 NFC championship game. The hit that ended a dynasty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAABWqhNvtg

The Reasons hit someone above posted

and 1 of my favorite from recent memory, because it was a game saving play in an very important game. A very underrated play in our history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUnnW3DkaCk

Special teams is the easiest to choose. The Gary Reasons 1990 NFC championship fake punt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IthfQ9qFZ_8

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Morehead state loves a good debate and thats what these boards are for. As for myself, hey, its no fun being right all the time!
    It's annoying when someone takes a side in a debate that they don't actually believe. Morehead is Skip Bayless.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Just needling you, man. You have to admit though you love Phil Simms and he is probably your hero, so there is a little envy there which I totally understand. Nothing wrong with it. You can be happy for the Giants, does not mean Eli has to take over your admiration over Phil Simms. That's just my theory. All in light and fun.
    Phil IS my favorite football hero of all time...No doubt.
    But lets face it, even in his late 50's, you and I both know that Phil could kill Eli in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    It's annoying when someone takes a side in a debate that they don't actually believe. Morehead is Skip Bayless.
    I never say anything I don't mean. But i do like to argue.
    I tend to go against the grain. I often have a contrarian view. Its who I am. I learned early on when I was in the radio business that the masses are asses.

Comparing me to Skip Bayless is a pathetic yet predictable attempt to justify you're naive position.

Veteran
    Phil IS my favorite football hero of all time...No doubt.But lets face it, even in his late 50's, you and I both know that Phil could kill Eli in a fight.
    The only way Phil would ever beat Eli is if he broadcasted him to death.

Veteran
    I never say anything I don't mean. But i do like to argue. I tend to go against the grain. I often have a contrarian view. Its who I am. I learned early on when I was in the radio business that the masses are asses.Comparing me to Skip Bayless is a pathetic yet predictable attempt to justify you're naive position.
    Like I said...... Skip Bayless