+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Oh and Flipper Anderson was pretty bad too. But it was the bogus PI called the play before that killed us.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    idk.....I'm sure MS will come up with something Eli did!!
    Rabel Rouser!!
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well I tried reason (that was my first mistake). I've had this same poster stalking me under at least 3 screen names.
    Its just that Morehead charm. I can't control it.

Dude,,,don't waste your time trying to reason with irrational people........I know from experience....I work with a Cowgirl fan!

Rabel Rouser!!
    I'm nothing if not consistent!!

Now that's a good one.
    I have to say the botched FG in the SF playoff game because everybody screwed that up, including the refs.
    And the consequences were huge.

I know many might think the Miracle in the Meadowlands but that might have been one of the best things to happen to us. It gave us George Young, then Phil Simms, then LT, then 2 SB's.
    I agree......

How about worst overall meltdowns?

Certainly the SF playoff game should be mentioned....along with the Eagles comeback.

Let's be fair to Phil. He played in a different era with horrific receivers for most of his career, inside one of the hardest stadiums to throw in.

Edit: ...and an.awful OL the first few years of his career.
    Last edited by darrin99; 03-23-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Let's be fair to Phil. He played in a different era with horrific receivers for most of his career, inside one of the hardest stadiums to throw in.

Eli hater!!!

Yeah but there was a luck factor in that. It was a great escape but the pass (by Eli's description in America's Game) hung in the air forever. It was actually a blown play by Harrison. It was definitely a dramatic and memorable play, but it was a little "fluky". Plus, it didn't launch the franchise into a new era like the 4th and 17 play. I would actually rate Eli to Manningham higher than the Tyree play because it was a truly great football play made by both guys. Great throw and great catch. That's why the Simms/Johnson play was so great. it was just a great football play.
    I would also rate Ingram's play higher as well for the same reason. Just pure grit by one player.

And you may not be shocked to hear that I knew Phil had it in him....ever since he threw his first pass against the Saints in 1979.

I bought the highlight video after that miraculous '86 season and I think the most special thing about that play was Simms admitting he couldn't see Johnson when he threw the ball but he knew where he was supposed to be on that play....and he was.

Now that's a good one.
    I have to say the botched FG in the SF playoff game because everybody screwed that up, including the refs.
    And the consequences were huge.

I know many might think the Miracle in the Meadowlands but that might have been one of the best things to happen to us. It gave us George Young, then Phil Simms, then LT, then 2 SB's.
    Could not agree more!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post

True, Phil did a better job with the wind in Giants stadium then Eli did.
    Giants fan since '58