+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Reese Attends Alec Ogletree's Pro Day

Jerry Reese Attends Ogletree's (Georgia's) Pro Day

Read into this whatever you like, but New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese was in attendance Thursday at the Georgia Pro Day, where linebacker Alex Ogletree was one of the star attractions. Ogletree, of course, has often been connected to the Giants in the pre-draft process.
    Ogletree was apparently impressive during his Pro Day,running a 4.6 40-yard dash. Could Ogletree be on the Giants radar at No. 19 despite the signing of Dan Connor and the return of Keith Rivers?
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...eorgia-pro-day
    Last edited by titwio; 03-21-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    While I agree this doesnt have to mean a thing, JR does not attend all Pro Days. Im a happy camper if Ogletree pleased him. I trust JR enough to make that decision for the team and although I like Ogletree, in the end, we all just want the organization to succeed.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Seems like a smokescreen.

I wonder how Cornelius Washington looked at his pro day. He is a DE that opened my eyes at the combine. He did not get all of the hype at Georgia like Ogletree, Rambo, Jones, King and Jenkins did.

Mr Reese is going to give his due diligence when it comes to Ogletree. But I honestly don't think the Giants will draft Ogletree at 19.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

@YousefBaig
    Alec Ogletree is having one hell of a Pro Day....
    Improved in every category since the NFL combine
    https://twitter.com/YousefBaig/statu...66326767955968
    Last edited by titwio; 03-21-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Don't see how the signings of RIvers or Conors would affect the decision to draft Ogeltree.

I don't see the Rivers or Connor signings having anything to do with Ogletree, they are both only here on 1 yr deals. Reese being at Georgia means he has his eye on someone, but it doesn't necessarily have to be Ogletree

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Don't see how the signings of RIvers or Conors would affect the decision to draft Ogeltree.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    I don't see the Rivers or Connor signings having anything to do with Ogletree, they are both only here on 1 yr deals. Reese being at Georgia means he has his eye on someone, but it doesn't necessarily have to be Ogletree
    agreed. Even if Reese were to pull the trigger on Ogletree at 19, it's not like Coughlin would start Ogletree from day 1. He typically does not rush the 1st rd rookies, and as long as Connor and/or Rivers stay healthy, I don't see Ogletree on the field as much, except maybe on ST.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    This is true. Georgia has a lot of good players but the the focus is always going to be the 1st round prospect when these guys write their articles. In reality though I can see the Giants interested in any of those guys.(Ogeltree, Rambo, Washington, Jones, Jenkins).

does coach coughlin go to any pro-days??..i would think the coach and JR would be on same page during draft period..

+ Reply to Thread