+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    He does attend. Don't know the last one he visited but he was at JPP proday in '10.
    does the coach have any say on the draft day..who he would like to be picked..or is it strictly JR and his scouts decision?

Quote Originally Posted by rxc999 View Post
    does the coach have any say on the draft day..who he would like to be picked..or is it strictly JR and his scouts decision?
    The coaches are always involved but the final say is the GM's. Coughlin is asked his input on certain players. The pick is designed to get the best player they are all on board with and what's best for the team itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdownman View Post
    I think the point he was trying to make was that LT's scouting report would have a bunch of weaknesses listed. Every player does, on every report. They nit pick, that's the purpose.
    The ogletree "weaknesses" that we're posted are quite typical.
    That's the point I was trying to make. I think the 2 are incomparable. Think back to Ndamukong Suh when he was drafted. That is representative of what people thought about LT. When I look at the scouting reports for Suh the admit that there isn't much not to like. The same thing would have happened to LT. However, Ogeltree isn't that type of player and I think the scouting report accurately reflects legitimate areas of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It's on a different level. The truly elite prospects have very small of minimal negatives listed. A guy like Calvin Johnson, or Patrick Willis, or joe Thomas had nothing bad listed about them. Same as LT. Truly rare talent. Once a decade type player (turned out to be even more rare than that).

Ogletree is not that type of guy. He's a good player, but not rare. His arm use (lack of) alone probably will prevent him from playing MLB for at least a season. He can't stack and shed at all, which is critical for any inside linebacker. He will probably have to start out at weakside where he can run and chase and be protected up front
    Thank you Slip. LOL I just posted a reply because I didn't see yours, but you said the same thing I said. I used Suh as an example of rare talent recognized by scouting reports comparable to how Scouts saw LT.

I wouldn't be mad at this pick. There is a good chance Ogletree will be available at #19.

Quote Originally Posted by Buto View Post
    Mr Reese is just looking at the men in the draft.
    He already has Connor so Ogletree isn't on the radar.
    Ya cause Connor was signed to be our franchise MLB and everything

Quote Originally Posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
    Seems like a smokescreen.
    Wasn't our whole crew at usf proday when we took JPP???

Quote Originally Posted by rxc999 View Post
    I think TC has always had a say on draft decision all thru out his tenure here and I'm sure by now he has a strong opinion in draft choices but obviously he doesn't have the final word, thats Reese's job.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Buto View Post
    Mr Reese is just looking at the men in the draft.
    He already has Connor so Ogletree isn't on the radar.
    Never say never with Jerry Reese's BPA
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

With this Pro Day performance Ogeltree is gone by 19.