+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Reese Attends Alec Ogletree's Pro Day

I'd be happy with any of the Georgia OR Alabama players -- both programs were so loaded with nice talent. Would also be happy with Ansah.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    and a goddamn dui
    I'm with you.. too much risk for a 19th pick. Not to mention he is best suited at a wlb in a 43.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I'd be happy with any of the Georgia OR Alabama players -- both programs were so loaded with nice talent. Would also be happy with Ansah.
    The problem with those stacked teams sometimes is that the team makes players look better then they are.

Like USC QBs for example. They are usually stacked with offensive talent and it makes the qbs look much better then they are. Then you end up with Sanchez or Leinert.

It's Reese doing his "due diligence" and probably nothing more. He is probably on the draft board somewhere and you never know what circumstances may lead to especially if teams start making runs on certain players that may be rated highly by Reese. Reese probably figured some questions could be answered at his pro day and probably just wanted to take a look.

I agree with the smoke screen argument.

1. The Giants rarely tips their hand and 9 times out of 10 uses the misdirection play when it comes down to draft picks.

2. The "Cowgirls are picking directly in front of the Giants. They will not hesitate to trade back, to elp another team snag a Giant prize.

3. The Giants typically drafts "BPA" (Best Player Available). Which, in a way. makes a case for watching Ogletree.

dont we usually end up drafting guys we dont see at their pro days or even have any kind contact with?

Ogletree is the guy! Just once I would love to see the Giants pick the guy I want in the first round, haha.

Patrick Willis wasnt totally out of our reach, and we didnt go after him, HUGE MISTAKE! Dont pass on another talented inside linebacker Reese! Fix the weakest part of the D!

Quote Originally Posted by Breezely View Post
    I agree with the smoke screen argument.

1. The Giants rarely tips their hand and 9 times out of 10 uses the misdirection play when it comes down to draft picks.

2. The "Cowgirls are picking directly in front of the Giants. They will not hesitate to trade back, to elp another team snag a Giant prize.

3. The Giants typically drafts "BPA" (Best Player Available). Which, in a way. makes a case for watching Ogletree.
    I was thinking bringing in Rivers and Connors was just a smoke screen, other teams behind NY will feel they dont need to trade up to get Ogletree.

Ogletree is going to be a stud LB in the NFL. Hope it is with us. With that said, there are plenty of players to watch at the Georgia pro day. That D was stacked with NFL talent.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Ogletree is the guy! Just once I would love to see the Giants pick the guy I want in the first round, haha.

Patrick Willis wasnt totally out of our reach, and we didnt go after him, HUGE MISTAKE! Dont pass on another talented inside linebacker Reese! Fix the weakest part of the D!
    Willis was completely out of their reach. And it was Revis the giants attempted to trade up for. But the jets offered more

+ Reply to Thread