+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Eli and Cruz!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Valid point here too, he was a crucial part of the SB run. He was someone that Eli could trust that would be able to get open on 3rd downs and he was just all around solid. Either way you look at it the deal needs to get done and they need to negotiate to a point where they can meet at a middle ground where both sides are happy.
    Victor Cruz will certainly be a Giant in 2013 and will very likely be a Giant long after.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    It doesn't matter much to me, because I have seen people come and go...Cruz might still be a nobody...but the one constant has been Eli. So...if I am VC, it is a big part in my thinking that I may leave :NY and become a nobody in KC or something. This has to be weighing heavy on his mind as they make a lot of homemade soup out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    It doesn't matter much to me, because I have seen people come and go...Cruz might still be a nobody...but the one constant has been Eli. So...if I am VC, it is a big part in my thinking that I may leave :NY and become a nobody in KC or something. This has to be weighing heavy on his mind as they make a lot of homemade soup out there.
    I would really hate to see him go but I think that we would surprisingly be a lot better off than people think. People are making it sound like on this board that if by some travesty Vic goes to another team that we might as well forfeit... We have a pretty solid core of WR's. Nicks could be a top 5 no doubt in my mind if he is healthy, Randle played well and has great upside, Murphy is a pretty good player but has been suffering from being a WR on teams that it is hard to succeed doing it really.. Jernigan is quick as hell and I think he could be a pretty solid 4th WR and sometimes slot guy. Most people forget that he had the no OTA's etc... and he was in a totally different offense in College. He said last year at the beginning of the year he was still trying to master the playbook because all of the terminology is different and the routes have different names and ran at different yard lengths etc. Plus there are some pretty nice WR's in the draft if we really needed to replace Cruz.

I do not see that happening realistically but sometimes you have to look at things and see what you would do in the worst possible case. You see how it would shake up the team and how you could respond from the blow. I know we would definitely miss him but I think that we would manage pretty well because of Eli

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I would really hate to see him go but I think that we would surprisingly be a lot better off than people think. People are making it sound like on this board that if by some travesty Vic goes to another team that we might as well forfeit... We have a pretty solid core of WR's. Nicks could be a top 5 no doubt in my mind if he is healthy, Randle played well and has great upside, Murphy is a pretty good player but has been suffering from being a WR on teams that it is hard to succeed doing it really.. Jernigan is quick as hell and I think he could be a pretty solid 4th WR and sometimes slot guy. Most people forget that he had the no OTA's etc... and he was in a totally different offense in College. He said last year at the beginning of the year he was still trying to master the playbook because all of the terminology is different and the routes have different names and ran at different yard lengths etc. Plus there are some pretty nice WR's in the draft if we really needed to replace Cruz.

I do not see that happening realistically but sometimes you have to look at things and see what you would do in the worst possible case. You see how it would shake up the team and how you could respond from the blow. I know we would definitely miss him but I think that we would manage pretty well because of Eli
    Some legitimate points here (except those regarding Jernigan--you have to get over him, he's not happening to the extent all you JJ boys are hoping for).

The issue, however, is not if we could "manage pretty well because of Eli" if Cruz leaves. I think we all (at least 99% of us) agree and believe that.

Rather, the issue is we don't want to just "manage". We want to excel, and to make it to another Super Bowl soon. Cruz, along with Nicks and possibly Randle, will give us the better chance of that happening with him on the team vs him not being on the team..

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Some legitimate points here (except those regarding Jernigan--you have to get over him, he's not happening to the extent all you JJ boys are hoping for).

The issue, however, is not if we could "manage pretty well because of Eli" if Cruz leaves. I think we all (at least 99% of us) agree and believe that.

Rather, the issue is we don't want to just "manage". We want to excel, and to make it to another Super Bowl soon. Cruz, along with Nicks and possibly Randle, will give us the better chance of that happening with him on the team vs him not being on the team..
    +1 The deck is being stacked against Cruz lol

Both owners, TC, Reese, Eli and now Wilson and Snee pressing for him to be a part of this team for years to come. It's going to happen, it's a negotiation and, honestly, there is no rush, except for us fans. Tom Condon is going to give Victor what he didn't have before and that is the benefit of "knowing your adversary" and being able to work closely with Jerry Reese to make this a win-win for all concerned.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-21-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    +1 The deck is being stacked against Cruz lol

Both owners, TC, Reese, Eli and now Wilson and Snee pressing for him to be a part of this team for years to come. It's going to happen, it's a negotiation and, honestly, there is no rush, except for us fans. Tom Condon is going to give Victor what he didn't have before and that is the benefit of "knowing your adversary" and being able to work closely with Jerry Reese to make this a win-win for all concerned.
    It's all good but Wilson should make sure he'll be here a long time himself, cuz then what would be the point? Eli could say all he wants, he'll be here a long time. And Tom C is going nowhere after this except retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    It's all good but Wilson should make sure he'll be here a long time himself, cuz then what would be the point? Eli could say all he wants, he'll be here a long time. And Tom C is going nowhere after this except retirement.
    Wilson will be here at least through his rookie contract. Isn't that 3 more years?

Wilson will be here at least through his rookie contract. Isn't that 3 more years?
    4 more, I believe. IIRC, first round contracts are 5 years.

He's a rookie. He's got yet to prove and lots to work on including this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1295360