+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli and Cruz!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    LOL I knew someone would rip me for it haha. I hate using them for anything bc of their creditibility is sketcky at best... I like to go on their and get a good laugh sometimes looking at their trademark slideshows haha.
    Since they are reporting (quoting) what Eli said, I think we can accept it for what it is.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Blue View Post
    why would he need to re-work his contract? Just because other people are doing doesn't necessarily mean it would benefit the Giants in the long run.
    Correct. It doesn't benefit the Giants in the long run. It only benefits them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He should take a pay cut to keep Cruz? An actual pay cut?
    bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    bad idea?
    It's illogical. I'm not the biggest Eli fan, but he is entitled to every dime included in his contract. Now if you mean he should "restructure", that's a different situation but I'd still be against that unless it involved an extension (like Brady's) so that we get CAP relief now and down the road. Eli's CAP hit every year is now at $20M, we can't take that track again, making it rise even higher.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-20-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Eli has to have thought about what happened to Brady... Brady most likely took that massive paycut specifically to keep Welker, and then Belicheck lowballs him all the way to the Broncos. What would happen if Eli took a paycut to keep Cruz, and then JR uses it to resign John Q. Dip**** the free safety while letting Cruz walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Eli has to have thought about what happened to Brady... Brady most likely took that massive paycut specifically to keep Welker, and then Belicheck lowballs him all the way to the Broncos. What would happen if Eli took a paycut to keep Cruz, and then JR uses it to resign John Q. Dip**** the free safety while letting Cruz walk?
    Brady did not take a "paycut."

Brady did not take a "paycut."
    whether or not he took a paycut from what he was making previously...he took much less than his market value.

I hope the last person they restructure is Eli unless if involves an extension
    Agreed. Eating 20 mill cap salary money per year is enough to see it just go up with another restructure.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Agreed. Eating 20 mill cap salary money per year is enough to see it just go up with another restructure.
    exactly. I think we're waiting as long as possible before we extend eli. Learned our lesson the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    whether or not he took a paycut from what he was making previously...he took much less than his market value.
    It was ALL guaranteed, not too bad a parting gift from Mr. Kraft