+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    come on now... Diehl has announced that he'll restructure to keep Cruz... http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Lol cruz is already doing commercials why does he need Eli and everone elses $ hes just greedy. Him probably gets more from his chunky soup commercials then some guys on the team.
    I find this mentality so irritating. Why shouldn't the guy be able to make as much as he can without being called greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Please explain how he's being "greedy"??
    He is just fake. I wish I could find the article in sports illustrated but they interviewed him this off season, and we all "big blue pride" "we will be tough to beat" "giants pride" funny from a guy in an extended hold out situation. Squeezing Nicks out of money because, he got injured last season. He's about to pull a Steve Smith, bank on it. They are going to make him a solid offer and he's going to walk. If he wanted to play for the giants the deal would be done.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I find this mentality so irritating. Why shouldn't the guy be able to make as much as he can without being called greedy?
    You will be agreeing with me when we offer him 8million a year and he still leaves us for San Fran.

Well lets just hope if Eli or snee redo their deals that they add years on at a lower cost (like Brady) to spread everything out and not cripple us in the future. We don't want to go down that road again.. If it give us CAP Space this ur and next and doesn't cripple us in the future then I'm all for it. However if it handcuffs us for future years I'd say NO. We'd have to roll the dice and hope for the best in that situation
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    You will be agreeing with me when we offer him 8million a year and he still leaves us for San Fran.
    I don't think it is greed to get the best wage you can. A fair comparison of production shows Cruz deserving of a raise. Greed is when he takes something that costs someone else his job. He won't be doing that. Guys may have to go elsewhere to work , but they will work. Or maybe Cruz goes elsewhere for more money. That's not greed. That's getting a better job offer. I would think in you would move to a job for an extra million or so, if you had the option.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I don't think it is greed to get the best wage you can. A fair comparison of production shows Cruz deserving of a raise. Greed is when he takes something that costs someone else his job. He won't be doing that. Guys may have to go elsewhere to work , but they will work. Or maybe Cruz goes elsewhere for more money. That's not greed. That's getting a better job offer. I would think in you would move to a job for an extra million or so, if you had the option.
    If he really cared about the team he would get a deal done, so we could focus on other possible free agents and the draft. But at this point you have multiple people saying they will take a pay cut to sign him and he is STILL not signed. Boley left that was what 4 million, bradshaw was 3, canty was 8. ???, now Eli is saying he will take a cut, and still no deal? Come on man. We could have made a move on Welker or whatever, i bet welker has a better season then cruz this year anyway.

If he really cared about the team he would get a deal done, so we could focus on other possible free agents and the draft. But at this point you have multiple people saying they will take a pay cut to sign him and he is STILL not signed. Boley left that was what 4 million, bradshaw was 3, canty was 8. ???, now Eli is saying he will take a cut, and still no deal? Come on man. We could have made a move on Welker or whatever, i bet welker has a better season then cruz this year anyway.
    I can't possibly adequately state in words how stupid this opinion is. You clearly have no real understanding of how football, or life in general works. We live in a capitalist society and Cruz plays a dangerous game where you aren't guaranteed to earn a dime past the age of 30, even if you are above average.

I have zero problem with him getting whatever he can while he can and if you do it shows your lack of understanding of the game.

Guess again

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's been pretty clear. The next thing we should hear about Cruz is the details of his long term deal
    Yeh its coming...soon.