+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

No to a player with a DUI but L.T. sniffed blanco... before games admittedly?

I dont quite understand the logic? A young man made an error in judgement and we are going to crucify him? Overlook his immense talent, potential level, and game tape? I am in no way shape or form saying that he is L.T. or similar in talent.. But we have taken players with checkered pasts and a few events on the wrap sheet. I am particularly hoping Reese goes out of the norm and pulls the trigger on a LB early but dont see it happening... I'm sure nobody out of the thousands who look/write on these message boards ever got a DUI lmao... All the angels here.... #justsaying

I'm just going to assume I know who you're talking about since you don't actually mention it and just say it's more than just 1 DUI.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nygon3 View Post
    I dont quite understand the logic? A young man made an error in judgement and we are going to crucify him? Overlook his immense talent, potential level, and game tape? I am in no way shape or form saying that he is L.T. or similar in talent.. But we have taken players with checkered pasts and a few events on the wrap sheet. I am particularly hoping Reese goes out of the norm and pulls the trigger on a LB early but dont see it happening... I'm sure nobody out of the thousands who look/write on these message boards ever got a DUI lmao... All the angels here.... #justsaying
    well i think he got suspended for some of the 88 season for failing a drug test or something and he said from the day he came back from that supsension to the day he retired he never to took any drugs during that span of time. he did say though he couldn't wait to retire cause he was dying to smoke it again. it really took control of his life back then.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    I'm just going to assume I know who you're talking about since you don't actually mention it and just say it's more than just 1 DUI.
    David Diehl. Graduate of "University of Chief Illiniwek."

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    David Diehl. Graduate of "University of Chief Illiniwek."
    Nope, Ogletree is who I think he means.

Why no mention of Ogletree's arrest for theft as a freshman, and his failed drug test and suspension? They don't count?

As much as I want an impact LB like Ogletree.....he is NOT an ideal candidate for the Giants. They tend to shy away from drafting LB's early, the position isn't a priority in the defensive scheme and his off field transgressions pretty much keeps him off the Giants radar.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Or the Giants could take the more talented LB who also happens to not have off field issues?

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    As much as I want an impact LB like Ogletree.....he is NOT an ideal candidate for the Giants. They tend to shy away from drafting LB's early, the position isn't a priority in the defensive scheme and his off field transgressions pretty much keeps him off the Giants radar.
    Plus, I think the guy would project more as an outside linebacker in a 4-3 and we need help on the inside to eventually replace Connor and sure up the weakness in the middle we had last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Nope, Ogletree is who I think he means.
    Oops! Thanks for the correction.