+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we like Bob Papa?

He gets a tad repetitive but I like his enthusiasm.

I also really like how Papa is descriptive of the formation presnap. I listen to the games on the radio a lot. Pretty much, if it isn't a prime time game, I have to listen to it first. It seems small, but it's something a lot of play by play guys don't do well or with consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He gets a tad repetitive but I like his enthusiasm.
    The one thing I don't like about Bob is that sometimes he's a little too enthusiastic. I'll be listening to the game at work and I'll hear him get all excited and run over to the radio only to find out that we had a 5 yard rush. Dammit Bob!!!

Bob Papa's awesome. And so is Banks. They're a great team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    what's not to like?

My thoughts exactly

Outstanding, to quote a certain coach who has a different color to describe the twenty yards closest to the goal line on offense.

Bob is a product of the one time world's greatest radio station, WNEW AM and it shows. Hard to imagine a better play by play team today.

I listen to them in the background while watching the games with the minute delay on the internet stream. With all the commercials to mute, you get to hear most of the big calls and pick up information from Banksey that you wouldn't otherwise know about while a few commercials are avoided. The audio feed usually goes to break about the same time the live TV feed comes out of commercials too.

So, yes, WE do like Bob Papa, to help shape your opinion for you.
    Last edited by GreenZone; 03-22-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Bob Papa's awesome. And so is Banks. They're a great team.
    We suffered for many years listening to Jim Gordon and **** Lynch. It was difficult to even know what was going on sometimes. Papa and Banks are a blessing.

Editory comment: I guess I was supposed to say "Richard" Lynch.........lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    The one thing I don't like about Bob is that sometimes he's a little too enthusiastic. I'll be listening to the game at work and I'll hear him get all excited and run over to the radio only to find out that we had a 5 yard rush. Dammit Bob!!!
    Hah yeah, there's a bit of that. His calls always sound good on NFL Films clips, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Anything that isn't a cowboys voice is good!
    Or an Eagles voice.

"And the thread is True Blue......this thread is brought to you by" -

Papa is great.....Gordon and Lynch were the best.......R.I.P.........

You don't realize how great Papa is until you hear announcers from other teams like Merrill Reese from the Eagles.....ugh.....awful....not just saying that because he's an Eagles announcer his voice is just awful.....sounds like he got a banana lodged in his throat......

Surprisingly the Pats guys are pretty good.....got to listen to them cry in their milk twice on SB Sunday's.......

+ Reply to Thread