+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring back Johnathan Goff??

Bench Player

Cool Bring back Johnathan Goff??

Anyone think we can bring back johnathan goff?He was the only real MLB the giants have had since Antonnio pierce. He was a real stud for us in 2010 and then he got hurt in training camp the following year and we waived him then the redskins picked him up and he injured the same knee as the year before and they cut him he is rehabbing his knee with dr. Andrews now do u guys think the giants should bring him back if his knee holds up? He would definately come cheap I would think
    Last edited by Gmen0711; 03-21-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Veteran
    has he done anything of notice at all since they got rid of him? he seems to be irrelevant now. i wouldn't want him back.

i just looked him up and saw that he tore the same acl that he tore in 2011, which is why he missed all of the 2012 season. the redskins probably signed him so they could get tips on the giants and wind up waiving him two days after he tears the same acl lol.
    Last edited by L.T.56; 03-21-2013 at 11:08 PM.

We already resigned two often injured players (Rivers & Thomas) let's not make it a habit of signing players who spend more time in the hospital then on the field.

No. For back-up I'd rather have Blackburn or someone else, but no point in bringing Goff back. Very mediocre at best.

Bench Player
    I think everyone is forgetting how good he was when he started that full year for us and I guarantee he would start over rivers and Connor you guys should watch his giants highlights on youtube it's not like we would break the bank and give him a guaranteed contract so why wouldn't it be worth it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmen0711 View Post
    I think everyone is forgetting how good he was when he started that full year for us and I guarantee he would start over rivers and Connor you guys should watch his giants highlights on youtube
    the guy has missed two straight full seasons of football. i think that's the more important thing to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmen0711 View Post
    I think everyone is forgetting how good he was when he started that full year for us and I guarantee he would start over rivers and Connor you guys should watch his giants highlights on youtube
    He was just another case of fans overrating our own players......he was a below average LB that would occasionally make a nice play against the run & people would lose their minds, there's a reason we let him go & that he hasn't done a thing since.....

Veteran
    i remember how many people were upset when he went to the redskins. i didnt think it was a big deal beacuase 1. he is injury prone, 2. he wasn't as great as everyone has made him out to be and 3. recently players that have done well with the giants and left have pretty much done nothing much to speak of.

Bench Player
    I love how everyone acts like we have any better options on the roster the reality is the giants have not had a real linebacker in a decade I just feel like he would be worth a look.

STUD? In what world?

+ Reply to Thread