+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Season

Last Season

People need to take last season in perspective. The Giants played the top teams in the NFL all season. We still managed a 9-7 season. We destroyed SF who ended up #2.Web played against the #1 receiver of the best teams. Diehl kept Eli healthy against some of the better defensive lines.When you start your season against playoff caliber teams it has to wear you down a bit.Hopefully it toughened up the surviving players for this coming season. Go Giants!

Veteran
    Do you think we would have won in SF if Kaepernick was the QB?

All-Pro
    Level of competition should never be an excuse for a team who's goal is to win the Super Bowl.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Except the Redskins played largely the same schedule and made the playoffs.

Veteran
    if you wanna look at some positives - lets take a look

Prince - stayed healthy for the most part and started to show up in coverage - was our best corner last year.

Wilson - flashed and showed a ton of talent and showed enough for the giants to jettison AB - kid could be special - would prefer he shut his mouth.

Stevie Brown - was a pick machine - found himself near the ball a lot. will start this year.

Wil hill - flashed in pre-season and showed some coverage skills at safety and in nickel.

Hosely - had growing pains as a rookie for sure but got snaps and made some plays - looked better on outside then in nickel but should be a factor moving fwd,

Randle - flashed some skill here and there and will also be a factor moving fwd.

Kuhn - got some experience till the injury always valuable for a youngster.

Cruz - proved he is not one year wonder - guy balled even without nicks for much of the year.

Beatty - showed he can be a top 10 LT and protect eli's backside. as a second rounder from a small school he was s till a bit of a project - NO MORE.

Veteran
    Brad - schedule and injuries are usually the number one reason for teams not getting as far as they could. Our schedule ended up being 8th hardest in football not number one based on previous year - still pretty rough.

The reason we went 9-7 wasn't because of tough teams, it was because we were wildly inconsistent, and we were injury plagued yet again. Beating the superior teams while losing or struggling mightly against teams you can say we should have beaten. Not playing consistent football down the stretch hurt us.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 03-22-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The reason we went 9-7 wasn't because of tough teams, it was because we were wildly inconsistent, and we were injury plagued yet again. Beating the superior teams while losing or struggling nightly against teams you can say we should have beaten. Not playing consistent football down the stretch hurt us.
    All of that plus we were (still are) weak in the trenches.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    All of that plus we were (still are) weak in the trenches.
    Correct. I was very disappointed in the defensive ine and the defense in general last season. Posting franchise lows in some areas.
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Brad - schedule and injuries are usually the number one reason for teams not getting as far as they could. Our schedule ended up being 8th hardest in football not number one based on previous year - still pretty rough.
    Sorry, we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one. The Giants team last year just wasn't good, or focused enough to win it all. The fact is, they beat the majority of the good teams but lost to the teams they should have beat. Your logic is circular, saying the Giants were good enough to win the SB if they didn't have to play better teams, which is essentially saying they weren't good enough to win it because other teams were better. Maybe I am missing part of the equation, but that just makes no sense to me.

The Giants weren't good enough last year, and I am OK with that. We saw some good things and we have a lot to look forward to as Giants fans. We don't need excuses.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...