+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Respect to Diehl: "Diehl Willing to Restructure Contract to Help Sign Cruz"

Respect to Diehl: "Diehl Willing to Restructure Contract to Help Sign Cruz"

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5933

I've been critical of Diehl's play before, but I won't say a word about it again. Diehl is a true giant.

Let's go Giants!

Sounds like an ok Diehl to me.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

First of all, Diehl needs a pay cut and he knows it. But how many people do we need to restructure to keep Cruz? Is everyone going to chip in and restructure to resign Nicks and JPP next year? Are Cruz, Nicks and JPP going to restructure when we need to resign other new players in 3 to 5 years. Restructuring is not a pay cut -- we'd just being paying more money to these players next year unless they're cut.

If Cruz doesn't sign with another team this offseason, then he'd better sign a long term contract with the Giants this year and not plan on playing out the year to get to UFA status next year. If he doesn't sign long-term with his hometown team this year where his fellow players are offering to restructure left and right to keep him, and make oodles of money in the process, then I say trade him.
    Last edited by JJC7301; 03-21-2013 at 11:42 PM.

How can he restructure when he will be in the final year of his contract?

**** restructuring! That doesn't help the team. Let him take a pay cut before giving props
    We Want 5!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    How did he restructure? Does this mean he got an extention? I thought he was in his final year. I'd like to hear details.

This is just silliness. Diehl doesn't need to "restructure to help sign Cruz." That is such a self serving comment. Diehl needs to play for much less money plain and simple.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    How can he restructure when he will be in the final year of his contract?
    He will essentially take a pay cut.

A guy in his last year, willing to decrease his pay, TWICE, for the Giants organization...man I just cant say enough about this guy. So tired of all the Diehl bashing, the guy has been a key part of this offense for a decade. Now in his last payday hes willing to give money up to help the team. Diehl you are going down in my book, right up there with Lomas Brown, one of my all time favorite Giants OLineman.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    First of all, Diehl needs a pay cut and he knows it. But how many people do we need to restructure to keep Cruz? Is everyone going to chip in and restructure to resign Nicks and JPP next year? Are Cruz, Nicks and JPP going to restructure when we need to resign other new players in 3 to 5 years. Restructuring is not a pay cut -- we'd just being paying more money to these players next year unless they're cut.

If Cruz doesn't sign with another team this offseason, then he'd better sign a long term contract with the Giants this year and not plan on playing out the year to get to UFA status next year. If he doesn't sign long-term with his hometown team this year where his fellow players are offering to restructure left and right to keep him, and make oodles of money in the process, then I say trade him.
    You want to trade Eli's most productive receiver over the last two seasons? You don't think he's entitled to negotiate the best deal he can?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    This is just silliness. Diehl doesn't need to "restructure to help sign Cruz." That is such a self serving comment. Diehl needs to play for much less money plain and simple.
    I agree. No one including the Giants will pay him over $4M to play next year and he knows that. He has to take a pay cut to continue playing. No martyrdom here.

+ Reply to Thread