+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Respect to Diehl: "Diehl Willing to Restructure Contract to Help Sign Cruz"

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    He will essentially take a pay cut.

A guy in his last year, willing to decrease his pay, TWICE, for the Giants organization...man I just cant say enough about this guy. So tired of all the Diehl bashing, the guy has been a key part of this offense for a decade. Now in his last payday hes willing to give money up to help the team. Diehl you are going down in my book, right up there with Lomas Brown, one of my all time favorite Giants OLineman.
    He's decreased his pay twice since last season?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Pretty sure all he said was "twice for the Giants organization"... nothing about doing it last season.

Sometimes you just let a guy save some dignity, yes Deihl needs to take a cut in pay based on last year, but allowing him to attribute that to an effort to keep another player allows him to keep some of his pride. He was a great O-linemen for the Giants for many years. Let him have that one.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Unless Im mistaken, he already restructured a few weeks ago, gave up a mil or so. So yeh if he takes another pay cut, that will be twice.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Pretty sure all he said was "twice for the Giants organization"... nothing about doing it last season.

Sometimes you just let a guy save some dignity, yes Deihl needs to take a cut in pay based on last year, but allowing him to attribute that to an effort to keep another player allows him to keep some of his pride. He was a great O-linemen for the Giants for many years. Let him have that one.
    I believe it was right here on these boards a few weeks ago where I read he already restructured. This didnt happen?

Edit - I did a quick search, it definitely already happened this offseason. http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=844...-takes-pay-cut
    Last edited by StrahanSoup92; 03-22-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You want to trade Eli's most productive receiver over the last two seasons? You don't think he's entitled to negotiate the best deal he can?
    Well the Giants arent going to be able to give him the best deal he can get so if he's going to go down that path it's better to get something for him rather than nothing.

I believe it was right here on these boards a few weeks ago where I read he already restructured. This didnt happen?

Edit - I did a quick search, it definitely already happened this offseason. http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=844...-takes-pay-cut
    I think that it was prematurely reported that he had taken a pay cut when he really hadn't. So he won't be taking 2 pay cuts this offseason I don't think.

He may have restructured in prior years, but restructures don't necessarily involve pay cuts . . . ususually they help the player because they pay him some salary up front so that it can be prorated as a bonus for cap purposes.
    Last edited by TCHOF; 03-22-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Banned
    I used to like Diehl until I heard him in an interview after his dwi about how much he does for charity. I guess he was trying to make himself feel better. Just cut his @$$!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bg79 View Post
    Well the Giants arent going to be able to give him the best deal he can get so if he's going to go down that path it's better to get something for him rather than nothing.
    WHO is going to give him a better long term deal than the Giants? He's a RFA.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This was apparently a false report, imagine that?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread