+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    What's very interesting is that cutting Ahmad meant the largest cap hit for the team in 2013 of $2.5 million. They would have paid him $5.5 million and thus saved $3 million off the cap for 2013, but still have a $2.5 million cap hit.

    If the market finds little or no interest in him (or his health doesn't improve to a point of being signed by the beginning of the season), he could easily be a Giant if his value drops to where he agreed to sign at anywhere near the $2.5 million figure, in which case the Giants could get him back at no extra cap hit cost. And if the point of him playing is sometime during the season, the salary and cap hit would drop with each passing game.

    With that said, surprisingly I'm now thinking it's 50-50% he's back with the Giants during the 2013 season.

  2. #12
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,583
    No chance it's 50/50 he's coming back. It's a longshot at best.

  3. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,389
    I would love to see Ahmad return as well but in a limited role. I love him and his heart, but we have vested a 1st round pick in another rb... It's time to see what that kid can do..

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    No chance it's 50/50 he's coming back. It's a longshot at best.
    He's already said he's not going to showcase his abilities for any team until he's fully healthy. The key to him coming back or not is when/if that moment occurs.

    It would be different if they didn't still have $2.5 million invested in him in 2013.
    Last edited by GreenZone; 03-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.

  5. #15
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post
    He's already said he's not going to showcase his abilities for any team until he's fully healthy. The key to him coming back or not is when/if that moment occurs.

    It would be different if they didn't still have $2.5 million invested in him in 2013.
    There's no key to him coming back. They have Wilson who was a first round draft pick, and it's his job now. They also have the younger Andre Brown who had 8 TD's and averaged 5.3 yards per carry in 10 games coming back. They just signed him for the $2m tender.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    There's no key to him coming back. They have Wilson who was a first round draft pick, and it's his job now. They also have the younger Andre Brown who had 8 TD's and averaged 5.3 yards per carry in 10 games coming back. They just signed him for the $2m tender.
    You're assuming everyone stays healthy. And when the Giant running game was at its peak, it was a three headed monster.

  7. #17
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post
    You're assuming everyone stays healthy. And when the Giant running game was at its peak, it was a three headed monster.
    Yeah. I'm going out on a limb that Wilson and Brown can stay healthy in the offseason.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Yeah. I'm going out on a limb that Wilson and Brown can stay healthy in the offseason.
    Nice sarcasm. Well played. Yet, the "limb" didn't hold up for André in the 2009 pre-season, nor for all of last season. If you think the Giants wouldn't like to get Ahmad back for near the $2.5 million it's already costing them in cap space, I guess you miss the point entirely.

  9. #19
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post
    Nice sarcasm. Well played. Yet, the "limb" didn't hold up for André in the 2009 pre-season, nor for all of last season. If you think the Giants wouldn't like to get Ahmad back for near the $2.5 million it's already costing them in cap space, I guess you miss the point entirely.
    If the Giants wanted him, they would have restructured him or gave him the option for a pay cut like Webster and Thomas, etc. They outright released him. Stop dreaming. He's almost certainly not coming back.

  10. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    If the Giants wanted him, they would have restructured him or gave him the option for a pay cut like Webster and Thomas, etc. They outright released him. Stop dreaming. He's almost certainly not coming back.
    Did you ever envision the injury prone Aaron Ross to be back in a Giants uniform? Anything is possible....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts