+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: titwio's ideal mock (1 trade)

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"

titwio's ideal mock (1 trade)

*NY Giants trade 19th Overall to Minnesota Vikings for 25th and 54th (2nd) overall*

(19th overall Vikings select Tavon Austin)

New York Giants Draft

1st - 25th overall-
    Jesse Williams DT Alabama 6'3 323- Jesse Williams is nicknamed "Tha Monstar" is an athletic freak for his size. Ran his 40 time in the 4.9 range. He's a huge presence in the interior and eats up a lot of blockers yet still has the athleticism to cause disruption in the passing game.

*My reasoning* athletically he's what the Giants look for and with the team looking to bolster defense oriented in stopping the run, Williams would be a key cog and an anchor at the D-line for years to come. Going forward the Giants (after Jenkins) Joseph and Williams would offer a huge potentially dominate duo in the middle and would make everyone's job (LB's, DE's) a lot easier.

2nd - 51st overall- Barrett Jones OG/C Alabama 6'5 311 - (Bama again) Barrett is someone who offers great value. If the Giants organization values Dave Diehl for his versatility then Barrett is a player who'd make a lot of sense for them going forward. Jones is a guy who's versatile and can line up anywhere on the line. Played against the toughest competition in the SEC

*My reasoning* is this is likely Diehl's last season IMO and Snee is getting up there as well. Kevin Boothe has been solid but he's not elite by any means and it's a contract year for him. No guarantee's the Giants bring him back and Jones IMO is a guy who they can have faith to plug in right away being he's not a project player like they've drafted in the past. He's played against the toughest competition and helped anchor the strength that was the Crimson Tides O-line.

2nd- 54th overall (from Vikings)- Sio Moore LB UConn 6'1 245- How's this for athleticism:

40yd: 4.65
    Vert: 38"
    Broad: 10' 07"
    29 reps of 225

Just what the Giants need and have been lacking at the position. Moore is sideline to sideline and is explosive. Great motor and sheds well (from what I've seen). Can rush the passer off the edge and has the athleticism and skills to handle TE's in coverage.

*My reasoning*- (Arthur Brown's already off the board) Kiwi is better suited going back to DE IMO. Moore is a versatile LB who can play either the Will or outside. I think he's better suited at OLB because of his explosiveness to rush the passer as well and think he'd be a HUGE upgrade over Kiwanuka at that position. The Giants are likely looking at possibly Rivers there this season but moving forward I think it's safe to say Moore's the guy for the job.

3rd- 83rd overall
    - Bacarri Rambo S Georgia 6'0 211- His draft stock has gone down due to off the field trouble (multiple drug suspensions) but this is the area of the draft when teams look for value. The Giants have shown they're not afraid to take a risk on these type of players. Rambo is a truly instinctive ball hawking safety. 14 picks in his 3 years and is excellent in run support. Versatile and can play in the box as well as SS or FS.

*My reasoning*- The Giants lost Kenny Phillips and are taking a 1 year insurance flyer out on Ryan Mundy. I expect Rolle and Brown to be the starters this year but I don't see the Giants carrying Rolle's contract next year. Rambo will be the one looked to fill that slot IMO.

4th- 118th overall- Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB UConn 6'1 195 - The only reason I see him making it here is because of the slow combine 40 and the questions with his speed. Some have him transitioning to safety (which he has experience playing as well). I see him staying at corner and being successful. He's a long, physical corner with fluidity. Wilson is one of my favorite corner prospects because he reminds me a lot of what the Giants like at the position. He's scrappy, has good instincts against the run and is aggressive in coverage with long arms. He's not a ball hawking type but he's solid in most facets and has the movement skills you look for at CB.

*My reasoning*- Next year I don't see the Giants carrying Webster's contract (or Antrel Rolle's for that matter). The Giants usually draft in preparation of the following year's roster adjustments. The Giants would like to add another big and physical corner who can be a starter out wide and fits the scheme well. CB depth is also lacking and the Giants need to address the situation.

To be continued.....(this took longer than I anticipated)

What we have so far:

1st- Jesse Williams- DT
    2nd- Barrett Jones -OG/C
    2nd- Sio Moore- LB
    3rd- Baccarri Rambo S
    4th- Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB
    Last edited by titwio; 03-22-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Why would the Vikings trade their second round pick to move up 6 spots? lol Thats only worth their third rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Why would the Vikings trade their second round pick to move up 6 spots? lol Thats only worth their third rounder.
    I don't see it being out of the question. The Cowboys gave up their 2nd round pick last year to move up 7 spots ( a lot of people thought that was too little). I realize that was for the a top 10 pick but deals are made constantly with teams giving up too much or too little. Depends on how much a team really wants a player and how they feel about attaining them. My reasoning I feel this will be possible is the late buzz surrounding Austin and the fact the Rams are very likely to take him before the Vikings pick. The Vikings still have two 1st's so the chance of Reese pulling off something like that could be a possibility....if the Vikings really feel strongly about Austin as I'm projecting they are.

I'm no expert on trades but I can say I've seen plenty where I can honestly say this is not really laughable.
    Last edited by titwio; 03-22-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm no expert on trades but I can say I've seen plenty where I can honestly say this is not really laughable.
    http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

According to this value chart, Vikes picks worth 1080 pts. Giants pick worth 875.

Best Value Pick is Bareett Jones in the second. Though I believe we'll probably draft Greene in the second and plug in what we have as depth to replace Boothe, either Mosley, Capers, Brewer, etc. or posssibly draft a guard late rounds like they found Petrus.

Nuts to think wreh Wilson will there in the 4th. He's a 2nd round talent.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I don't see it being out of the question. The Cowboys gave up their 2nd round pick last year to move up 7 spots ( a lot of people thought that was too little). I realize that was for the a top 10 pick but deals are made constantly with teams giving up too much or too little. Depends on how much a team really wants a player and how they feel about attaining them. My reasoning I feel this will be possible is the late buzz surrounding Austin and the fact the Rams are very likely to take him before the Vikings pick. The Vikings still have two 1st's so the chance of Reese pulling off something like that could be a possibility....if the Vikings really feel strongly about Austin as I'm projecting they are.

Sorry I made that sound rude. Anything is possible, but if you look at the trade value charts, the Cowboys needed to give up the 2nd rounder to get a top 6 pick its a little different in the 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Nuts to think wreh Wilson will there in the 4th. He's a 2nd round talent.
    He's a 2nd round talent that's projected anywhere from 2-4 after his combine. I stated the reason why I think he's one of the players that may drop. He ran a bad time at the combine, he's not a ball hawking CB, he struggled in man coverage during Senior Bowl week and teams are talking about converting him to safety. I'm still high on the guy but I can see teams maybe second guessing on him. Players drop every year for these reasons. Jonathan Banks was thought as a top 15 talent before the combine process started and look what happened to him.

Anyway...I usually get crud for my predictions but I've have been right on occasion.
    Last edited by titwio; 03-22-2013 at 05:32 PM.

I just can't see this happen. The Vikings NEED picks to rebuild. They wont give a 2nd up just to move up 6 spots.

Not to mention we have Jenkins and LJ in the middle. I seriously doubt we take a DT with our first..

Nice attempt and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, but I just don't see this happening.

Personally I'm still hoping for the "boring" draft of:

1) CB Rhodes - CB and Safety depth and versatility
    2) LB Greene - Solid all around LB
    3) OL BPA
    4) DL BPA

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    I just can't see this happen. The Vikings NEED picks to rebuild. They wont give a 2nd up just to move up 6 spots.

Not to mention we have Jenkins and LJ in the middle. I seriously doubt we take a DT with our first..

Nice attempt and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, but I just don't see this happening.

Personally I'm still hoping for the "boring" draft of:

1) CB Rhodes - CB and Safety depth and versatility
    2) LB Greene - Solid all around LB
    3) OL BPA
    4) DL BPA
    Rhodes is one of the better lockdown corners to enter the draft i've seen in a while, has rare athleticism, speed, etc. I really like Greene too his stats were off the charts, and will really improve our defense.Like you i can't see a DT especially not in the first, if anything if Kawaan short is available in the second, he would be a good pick.

+ Reply to Thread