+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kenny phillips

kenny phillips

Does anyone think kenny phillips should have been a pro bowler? At least an alternate, I don't know if can name name a lot of safetys out there better than him, i know he's not noticed much because he plays deep.

However, you never really see him beat that often and he does have four picks on the year and can deliver the big hit.

I personally think he should have had some consideration.

Re: kenny phillips

No. Our secondary is garbage, no one deserves to be in the Pro Bowl.

Philips is very good and one of the better safeties but he doesn't deserve to be on the roster.

[quote user="elisupporter10"]No. Our secondary is garbage, no one deserves to be in the Pro Bowl.[/quote]

I don't think that's fair to Kenny, yes our cb play and Saftey play (Antrel) have been bad, but we lost TT, Goff, Osi etc...that's a lot of players to lose on D.

Plus Fewell sucks, but Kenny has been the one constant good player out there, at least I believe so.

All I care about is that KP had a great year. He's looking like he was supposed to look before the injury. It's a shame he gets fined for every big hit, but I'm glad he keeps doing it. The one hit he put on Graham in the Saints game was pretty awesome and on top of that he's been getting his hands on the deep balls coming up with some picks.

I was excited about kp when we drafted him..bought his jersey right away..and although its taken longer then expected i think he is turning into a really good saftey..hard hitter and has good ball skills..could have made the pro bowl but so could webster

KP has been an awesome constant for our team this season. You can definitely tell the difference having him in there, every game he's been out our defense has been gashed by deep plays but with him in it rarely ever happens. Having him in to shore up the back end keeps me VERY happy, he can definitely morph into an Ed Reed type player in my opinion, although this may be a lot of hope because I played safety and love seeing him play. If Sash can improve a lot in coverage and take over for Rolle I'd love having KP and Sash back there to hand out big hits and run stuff

Veteran

KP has a certain role in this defense that he excels at. Could he be a ballhawk? Probably. Could he used more in blitzing and los play, like an Adrian Wilson type? Absolutely.

He's very versatile, but right now he is playing the high safety, and according to PFF is the best in the league at it.

I love KP.

[quote user="Nyflava4ya420"]Does anyone think kenny phillips should have been a pro bowler? At least an alternate, I don't know if can name name a lot of safetys out there better than him, i know he's not noticed much because he plays deep.

However, you never really see him beat that often and he does have four picks on the year and can deliver the big hit.

I personally think he should have had some consideration.
    [/quote]If a dozen guys should get "some consideration" then KP should have gotten him some.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Not at all.