+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    Veteran BlueBlitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Port Richey Fl
    Posts
    3,599

    The Running Game Must Be As Dynamic As The Passing Game

    The OL is on Blocks, and TC is the Mechanic. The run game cannot be just an after thought. TC was in the Parcell years, He hasn't forgotten. He must find the right pieces. IMHO I think He will.( He has the running backs to do it ).

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,300
    The OL is they key to the running game

  3. #3
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    The OL is they key to the running game
    +1

    and then an effective running game is key to a great passing game.

    MUCH better.

  4. #4
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,478
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    The OL is on Blocks, and TC is the Mechanic. The run game cannot be just an after thought. TC was in the Parcell years, He hasn't forgotten. He must find the right pieces. IMHO I think He will.( He has the running backs to do it ).
    Unfortunately....that's just not really true anymore in the modern NFL.
    The Giants and Packers have won SB's in the last 3 years with little or no running game.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #5
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Unfortunately....that's just not really true anymore in the modern NFL.
    The Giants and Packers have won SB's in the last 3 years with little or no running game.
    We ran the ball well during our play off run and in the SB.

  6. #6
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Unfortunately....that's just not really true anymore in the modern NFL.
    The Giants and Packers have won SB's in the last 3 years with little or no running game.
    Our running game improved down the stretch though.

    MUCH better.

  7. #7
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,478
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    We ran the ball well during our play off run and in the SB.
    We ran the ball somewhat better as did GB in their run. But even in those playoff games, neither running game was close to "dynamic".

    The rules favor a passing attack. Its just the way it is. Its definitely helpful to be able to run the ball. But to say that the running game has to be as dynamic as the passing game, is just not the way it is anymore.
    In the league 5 or 10 years ago, I would agree with the OP's statement.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    The OL is on Blocks, and TC is the Mechanic. The run game cannot be just an after thought. TC was in the Parcell years, He hasn't forgotten. He must find the right pieces. IMHO I think He will.( He has the running backs to do it ).
    Forcing the profile of this team towards a run first team is wasted resources. The running game for this team should play second fiddle to Eli and his weapons. This was one of the worst running teams in 2011 and they won it all. GB probably beats Baltimore in the SB this year if they could play a lick of defense. NE is always in the mix and they are always at the bottom of the league in rushing.

    The nostalgic feeling of being a run first team should be shelved while we have the luxury of an elite QB. Fixing the OL is definite but they should look to getting better in pass protection first. Eli with time and 4 guys in the pattern is far more dangerous than ANY running game in the league.

  9. #9
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,478
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Forcing the profile of this team towards a run first team is wasted resources. The running game for this team should play second fiddle to Eli and his weapons. This was one of the worst running teams in 2011 and they won it all. GB probably beats Baltimore in the SB this year if they could play a lick of defense. NE is always in the mix and they are always at the bottom of the league in rushing.

    The nostalgic feeling of being a run first team should be shelved while we have the luxury of an elite QB. Fixing the OL is definite but they should look to getting better in pass protection first. Eli with time and 4 guys in the pattern is far more dangerous than ANY running game in the league.
    You are exactly right. I would add that its not just our situation, its true with most every team in the league.
    The added dynamic now are these running QB's who get yards with their legs mostly in the passing game.
    Its just a different league right now.
    The old, "run and stop the run" thing doesn't apply anymore.
    Its now "protect your QB and get to the other teams QB".
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #10
    we have gone more towards the pass to setup the run offensive strategy. while we cant have an avg or worse run game, we dont need it to be on the level of the pass game...altho, thatd be awesome bc the pass game would be unstoppable. I get the OPs thought, but Id word it that IF the run game was as dynamic as the pass game, we'd be literally unstoppable...

    and I disagree that the run game cant be as dynamic anyways. Wilson is about as dynamic as they come, then u factor in ABrown and his power/one cut and through a crease style, with Torrain and D.Scott, you got a rb stable that can do a ton of different things. I truly believe Wilson possesses the skill set/potential to be a top 3 rb in this league for years...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts