+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 7+ million offered to Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    How many teams though have an 8 mil and a 7 mil receiver? Both Welker and Amendola are the highest paid receivers on their teams I believe. Plus it would mean tying up about 35 mil in cap space on only 3 players. Not unheard of, but makes it more difficult to keep players around them.
    Agreed, but I actually think Nicks will get more than 8ish, possibly closer to 10m. Lets not worry about this till next season tho

It would be smart for Cruz to take a 3 year deal for sure especially if this one has a nice chunk of guaranteed. He could shop himself for a huge (or even above average based on his play) amount simply because he'll be under 30 still.
    --80--

I was about to post the article, but it looks good that Cruz is gonna remain in blue for a while.

Why only 3 years? I'd rather 4 or MAYBE 5.. I don't wanna go through this crap in another 3 years.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Why only 3 years? I'd rather 4 or MAYBE 5.. I don't wanna go through this crap in another 3 years.
    That may have been the sticking point from Cruz's side, they didn't want a long term contract.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    When was this offer made? Surprrised I didn't hear about it. I didn't think we should spend more than 8 but if he signs for 7 that would be amazing.
    A while ago, Cruz just hasn't accepted it.

The team hasn't released the terms of the offer, this is another "our sources report" thing.

Tisch said that the Giants' offer to Cruz was greater than the contract Wes Welker signed with the Broncos. Easy enough to deduce a value from that info alone.

7 mil? That's not bad at all. I really hope he takes it so he can save me from throwing my laptop against the wall.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    That may have been the sticking point from Cruz's side, they didn't want a long term contract.
    I'm guessing they (Cruz and co.) wanted 6 or more years or no more than 3.
    --80--

Veteran
    If he doesn't want it, then i'll take it.

do you think we'll still sign Nicks in 2014 if he takes it?
    Last edited by Cloud57; 03-23-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Why is everyone acting like its done. Obviously Victor hasn't accepted the deal. If he liked the offer wouldn't it be done already. I don't see this article as a positive. I see it as we offered him more than the other guys and he still hasn't agreed.

+ Reply to Thread