+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 7+ million offered to Cruz

If we re-sign Cruz, i probably don't want to bother with Nicks next year. I don't know of a single team that has potentially 18 million tied up their WRs. And there's probably a good reason why,

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Why is everyone acting like its done. Obviously Victor hasn't accepted the deal. If he liked the offer wouldn't it be done already. I don't see this article as a positive. I see it as we offered him more than the other guys and he still hasn't agreed.
    Yep, that's how I'm seeing it as well. This looks to be a take-it-or-leave-it offer from the Giants, and so far Cruz has left it well alone.

Either he's waiting to see if another team makes an offer, or he's content to play out the upcoming season under tender.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Yep, that's how I'm seeing it as well. This looks to be a take-it-or-leave-it offer from the Giants, and so far Cruz has left it well alone.

Either he's waiting to see if another team makes an offer, or he's content to play out the upcoming season under tender.
    I wish him better that Steve Smith with that. It sounds like a very generous offer from the Giants given that his contract expires next year. If he wants to roll the dice, so be it. He always has his fashion design company to fall back on.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Yep, that's how I'm seeing it as well. This looks to be a take-it-or-leave-it offer from the Giants, and so far Cruz has left it well alone.Either he's waiting to see if another team makes an offer, or he's content to play out the upcoming season under tender.
    We're hardly that far removed from what happened to Steve Smith and the impact turning down a contract had on his life. I can't imagine Cruz doesn't know what he's gambling with.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I wish him better that Steve Smith with that. It sounds like a very generous offer from the Giants given that his contract expires next year. If he wants to roll the dice, so be it. He always has his fashion design company to fall back on.
    I am comfortable with where the Giants offer is reported to be, and if they decide that's their limit, then I have no problem with that. If Cruz decides to roll the dice and get through this season with the hope of getting more money next offseason, then I have no problem with his decision either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    Cruz is going nowhere. Giants would have not offered this contract if condon and ownership didnt agree on terms.

Love the deal
    Eh, huh? It obviously hasn't been accepted by Cruz . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I am comfortable with where the Giants offer is reported to be, and if they decide that's their limit, then I have no problem with that. If Cruz decides to roll the dice and get through this season with the hope of getting more money next offseason, then I have no problem with his decision either.
    I agree. This is still a free country and that's how it works.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    We're hardly that far removed from what happened to Steve Smith and the impact turning down a contract had on his life. I can't imagine Cruz doesn't know what he's gambling with.
    I do reckon he'll sign, he's just waiting to see if any other opportunities present themselves before doing so. He's entitled to that.

He still has two weeks to make the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    If we re-sign Cruz, i probably don't want to bother with Nicks next year. I don't know of a single team that has potentially 18 million tied up their WRs. And there's probably a good reason why,
    Detroit Lions have more than that with Calvin Johnson alone (ave of 18.8 million).

Yes, he's currently the consensus best WR in the NFL now, and yes, that's too much money for a single player that is not a franchise QB. But that is nonetheless at least "a single team that has 18 million tied up in their WRs (to say the least).

You don't think other teams are willing--in this so-called "passing league now" that every body on this board and everywhere else seems so fond of repeating ad infinitem--to pay a total of 18 million for 2 WRs who are each considered to be among the top 10 (or even top 15) receivers today?
    Last edited by gmen46; 03-23-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Detroit Lions have more than that with Calvin Johnson alone (ave of 18.8 million).

Yes, he's currently the consensus best WR in the NFL now, and yes, that's too much money for a single player that is not a franchise QB. But that is nonetheless at least "a single team that has 18 million tied up in their WRs (to say the least).

You don't think other teams are willing--in this so-called "passing league now" that every body on this board and everywhere else seems so fond of repeating ad infinitem--to pay a total of 18 million for 2 WRs who are each considered to be among the top 10 (or even top 15) receivers today?
    The Eagles are paying $13 mil just for DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. $5 mil extra for Nicks and Cruz sounds worth it.

Atlanta have $18 mil between White, Jones and Gonzalez.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 03-23-2013 at 10:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread