+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 463

Thread: 7+ million offered to Cruz

  1. #451
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Well, and I'm just going to prove your point here, the entire offense didn't do well. To single out one guy when everyone else seemed to suck as well just seems a tad unfair.
    I mean, compared to 2011, Cruz's yardage total dropped by around 500, right? Well, Eli's total dropped by 1000. Did one guy hurt the other or did they each Plax themselves in the foot?

    It's a difficult argument and I'm not sure that there's a correct answer. For every "alligator arms" argument, there's a "mile-high overthrow" rebuttal.

    Ultimately, it's always going to boil down to opinion.
    In regard to the "aligator arms" argument, it is hard to justify 10 million per season which is top WR money for a guy that did aligator arm some critical plays for a number of games after taking a hard and completely clean shot from Ryan Clarke. We were given a gift on the penalty they called on Clarke because that was a clean hit. It is kind of hard to demand top WR money when you short arm it after that. Hakeem Nicks doesn't short arm it.

  2. #452
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Well, and I'm just going to prove your point here, the entire offense didn't do well. To single out one guy when everyone else seemed to suck as well just seems a tad unfair.

    I mean, compared to 2011, Cruz's yardage total dropped by around 500, right? Well, Eli's total dropped by 1000.

    Did one guy hurt the other or did they each Plax themselves in the foot?

    It's a difficult argument and I'm not sure that there's a correct answer. For every "alligator arms" argument, there's a "mile-high overthrow" rebuttal.

    Ultimately, it's always going to boil down to opinion.
    I agree with this. Everyone's numbers were escalated in 2011. The lock out created some huge passing numbers around the league.
    To me, Cruz's 2012 was an absolute validation of his 2011 season. Expecting 1500 yards was unrealistic. But the fact that he had 1000 yards+ and 10 TD's was impressive.
    OK...he's not perfect. But he's probably the best slot receiver we've ever had and a great playmaker.
    So the notion that the 500 yard drop from 11 to 12, shows some indication that he's not the player we thought he was, is misguided.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    In regard to the "aligator arms" argument, it is hard to justify 10 million per season which is top WR money for a guy that did aligator arm some critical plays for a number of games after taking a hard and completely clean shot from Ryan Clarke.
    We're not trying to justify $10 million, though... Or are we?

  4. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I agree with this. Everyone's numbers were escalated in 2011. The lock out created some huge passing numbers around the league.
    To me, Cruz's 2012 was an absolute validation of his 2011 season. Expecting 1500 yards was unrealistic. But the fact that he had 1000 yards+ and 10 TD's was impressive.
    OK...he's not perfect. But he's probably the best slot receiver we've ever had and a great playmaker.
    So the notion that the 500 yard drop from 11 to 12, shows some indication that he's not the player we thought he was, is misguided.
    How dare you.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

  5. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It really is crazy for him to think that after two seasons. Even $10M would be foolish. But I am going to guess Condon will disabuse Victor of any of those kinds of thoughts.
    the thing is, we all thought wallace would be crazy to think 12 mil tho...theres teams out there who will over pay

  6. #456
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,652
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the thing is, we all thought wallace would be crazy to think 12 mil tho...theres teams out there who will over pay
    There are no teams who will pay Cruz $12M and give up a first round draft pick
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    There are no teams who will pay Cruz $12M and give up a first round draft pick
    huh? thats not my point. the claim was made that theres no upside to playing under the tender for cruz. and there is. the upside is he gets to be an UFA next offseason if he so wishes. And seeing as how Wallace went from no interest as a RFA to 12 mil per as an UFA, its not like cruz would be crazy to think he could get substantially more than 7 mil per

  8. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    huh? thats not my point. the claim was made that theres no upside to playing under the tender for cruz. and there is. the upside is he gets to be an UFA next offseason if he so wishes. And seeing as how Wallace went from no interest as a RFA to 12 mil per as an UFA, its not like cruz would be crazy to think he could get substantially more than 7 mil per
    The downside is he could get injured and be offered substantially less than 7mil/yr.

  9. #459
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,652
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    huh? thats not my point. the claim was made that theres no upside to playing under the tender for cruz. and there is. the upside is he gets to be an UFA next offseason if he so wishes. And seeing as how Wallace went from no interest as a RFA to 12 mil per as an UFA, its not like cruz would be crazy to think he could get substantially more than 7 mil per
    We will just disagree. Cruz hasn't put up those numbers for enough years to justify $12M
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  10. #460
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,494
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We will just disagree. Cruz hasn't put up those numbers for enough years to justify $12M
    Not a chance in (you know where) that Cruz will get $12MM next year if he's a free agent.
    There is simply no friggin way.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts