+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    if we can lock him up for 7 mil a year INCLUDING the guaranteed money, there should be zero issue re-signing nicks and still having a competitive CAP...just as long as Nicks doesnt demand 10 or more mil per...i think its a great idea to offer a 3 yr deal at those parameters because, it gives Cruz a chance to earn an even bigger payday while still IN his prime...most teams dont offer their contracts like that bc we could potentially price Cruz even higher...just sign the dang offer Cruz. If he signs the tender, and chooses that route, he wont be a giant after this year and we wont get compensation aside from a comp pick...

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Depends if he stays healthy and productive.
    Guess I should ask it differently, does Nicks get more or less than Cruz and can the Giants actually afford that.

lets say its a 3 yr deal at 7 mil per. 21 mil. if they were to guarantee say 14 mil of that 21, how could cruz turn that down? nfl contracts trick fans bc people look at the overall # when its really the guaranteed that the teams are on the hook for, and at 12 mil guaranteed for 3 yrs, in terms of % of overall number guaranteed, he'd actually be up there with the top wr's pay i would assume

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    Guess I should ask it differently, does Nicks get more or less than Cruz and can the Giants actually afford that.
    Big time outside receivers always make more than slot receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    If he stays healthy and is productive, hell probably get more than Cruz, just on positional value, but not a whole lot more.

Same article.

"No other team appears willing to relinquish both a first-round pick and a long-term contract for the rights to Cruz."

Cruz is going nowhere. Giants would have not offered this contract if condon and ownership didnt agree on terms.

Love the deal

When was this offer made? Surprrised I didn't hear about it. I didn't think we should spend more than 8 but if he signs for 7 that would be amazing.

Take it and run Victor..

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    If he stays healthy and is productive, hell probably get more than Cruz, just on positional value, but not a whole lot more.
    How many teams though have an 8 mil and a 7 mil receiver? Both Welker and Amendola are the highest paid receivers on their teams I believe. Plus it would mean tying up about 35 mil in cap space on only 3 players. Not unheard of, but makes it more difficult to keep players around them.