+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The team can go on without Cruz if he where to leave.
    I tend to agree with this position

..and I dont remember the last time I areed with something you had to say

Agreed. Hate to see him walk but they just have to move on.
    Really? They made him an offer above $7M and you'd rather Cruz, Eli's most productive receiver for the last two years, "walk" becasue you don't think the Giants can afford it?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    We need to see what the exact details are before passing judgement. If a good portion is guaranteed the the salary cap hit should be manageable.
    These are the very same people who said the Giants won't overpay for Cruz. Which is it? If they think he's worth $7M+ how can he be overpaid?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

If he go, he goes. Stop acting like it's the end. Giants moved on without Plax, without Steve Smith...

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I tend to agree with this position

..and I dont remember the last time I areed with something you had to say
    What makes you think Cruz wants to leave?

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Really? They made him an offer above $7M and you'd rather Cruz, Eli's most productive receiver for the last two years, "walk" becasue you don't think the Giants can afford it?
    He is one player. They have many and will go on without him if he chooses to leave. If Eli is worth what they pay him he should be fine.

He is one player. They have many and will go on without him if he chooses to leave. If Eli is worth what they pay him he should be fine.
    What have you seen/heard that tells you Cruz wants to leave? Of course he's "one player". A player the Giants would like to stay here for at least the next three years.

# 80

All-Pro
    What have you seen/heard that tells you Cruz wants to leave? Of course he's "one player". A player the Giants would like to stay here for at least the next three years.
    Didn't say he wanted to. If he did wouldn't cry about it. The team would just move on like they did when they lost other WR's no one thought they could survive without.

For MS and bansaw,
    Joe Flacco's deal
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco/
    $29 million signing bonus, which is spread out (prorated) equally ($5.8 million for each year) from Year 2013 to Year 2017(5 years). Year 2014, an additional $15 million Option Bonus if he's on the team for 2014, which is spread out equally ($3 million for each year) from Year 2014 to Year 2018 (5 years). Year 2015, another additional $7 million Option Bonus, which is spread out equally ($1.75 million for each year) from Year 2014 to Year 2018 (4 years).

Assuming the Ravens keep Flacco to play out his contract with no restructures/paycuts.
    Ravens Cap Hit per year from Flacco:
    2013: $6.8 million
    2014: $14.8 million
    2015: $14.55 million
    2016: $28.55 million (huge jump)
    2017: $31.15 million
    2018: $24.75 million

Then there's what Flacco puts into his personal bank account each year from the contract (again, assuming both Ravens and Flacco honor the contract till the end with no restructures/paycuts/Flacco being cut) :
    2013: $1 million base salary + $29 million signing bonus = $30 million in the bank
    2014: $6 million base salary + $15 million option bonus = $21 million in the bank
    2015: $4 million base salary + $7 million option bonus = $11 million in the bank
    2016: $18 million base salary in the bank
    2017: $20.6 million base salary in the bank
    2018: $20 million base salary in the bank

As you can see, it is totally possible to give Victor Cruz a lot of money to put into his bank account to make him happy/sign the contract offer while the team has to take a small cap hit for 2013. Giants will have to give him a decent signing bonus that will be prorated to achieve that.

Now go and enjoy the rest of your Sunday...
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 03-24-2013 at 03:40 PM.

What makes you think Cruz wants to leave?
    No, I'm not saying Cruz wants to leave.

All I am saying is that if for some reason he does leave, I think the Giants are prepared for it and have enough skill at WR for Eli to put up similar numbers and for the offense to be productive.

That said, I want Cruz to stay. But I do believe we would be just as productive if he left.