+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    oh yea hes gotta consider it! whatever he signs for will set the mark for slot receivers!

with that kind of money i'll be surprised if hes not here for a while.
    I'd like to see a 4-5 year deal
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Personally I was hoping a team would give up a first but as it stands he's staying and I'm sure the FO will come up w a deal that will be beneficial to both sides. The organization thinks highly of Cruz so that in itself looks like the Giants are willing to walk the fine line of "overpaid" status. I'm sure the cap hit wont be bad.
    Well said
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    For a "slot receiver", those numbers are rather impressive.
    For sure, I didn't mean it as a negative towards Cruz.

The 'awesome numbers for a slot receiver' thing is probably a sticking point with his contract negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Who is they? I'm not understanding your point.

I'm going to try to say this as simply as I can. "Guaranteed money" is simply money that a player will get no matter what. It can be signing bonus only. It can be guaranteed salary only, or it can be (and usually is) a combination of both.

It has nothing to do with what a player gets when he's cut or released. Usually when a player is cut, he's gotten all or most of his guaranteed money already.
    the team is they obviously. and dude, i been reading u and bansaws back n forth, and ur describing a scenario that is irrelevant to bansaws original point. and guaranteed money has everything to do with players getting cut or released. ex. bart scott was guaranteed 7 mil iirc this past season, he was getting it whether he was cut or played. the nyj figured since theyre on the hook, might as well keep him. if that salary wasnt guaranteed, theyd cut his *** quicker than u backtrack the few occassions ur wrong on something...

thats the whole spiel of the situation with guaranteed money. it gives the team the ability to get out of contracts before paid in full...i understand guaranteed money can include the signing bonus and year 1, but usually the two things are worded and handled seperately ie bansaws example of ware and his guaranteed and signing bonus

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    which is where guaranteed money comes in

guaranteed money isnt a signing bonus
    Guaranteed money is almost always mostly a signing bonus. Very rarely do teams guarantee base salaries, however roster bonuses and workout bonuses I believe count towards "guaranteed"money.

I wish I understood the cap..and guaranteed money talk.

But sadly, I do not. Foreign language to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    guaranteed money is money you will make if you get hurt or cut

a signing bonus is a way to keep cap numbers lower
    That's an injury guarantee. Under normal circumstances, no one gets money if they get cut.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the team is they obviously. and dude, i been reading u and bansaws back n forth, and ur describing a scenario that is irrelevant to bansaws original point. and guaranteed money has everything to do with players getting cut or released. ex. bart scott was guaranteed 7 mil iirc this past season, he was getting it whether he was cut or played. the nyj figured since theyre on the hook, might as well keep him. if that salary wasnt guaranteed, theyd cut his *** quicker than u backtrack the few occassions ur wrong on something...

thats the whole spiel of the situation with guaranteed money. it gives the team the ability to get out of contracts before paid in full...i understand guaranteed money can include the signing bonus and year 1, but usually the two things are worded and handled seperately ie bansaws example of ware and his guaranteed and signing bonus
    Point out one thing I said that was wrong.

And neither one of us knew what we were arguing. He thought I was saying that guaranteed money had to be bounus plus 1st years salary, Which is not what I was saying at all.
    In other words...its over and I'm not revisiting it...especially with you.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 03-24-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Point out one thing I said that was wrong.

And neither one of us knew what we were arguing. He thought I was saying that guaranteed money had to be bounus plus 1st years salary, Which is not what I was saying at all.
    In other words...its over and I'm not revisiting it...especially with you.
    What about with me?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    This is just a mess. Knowing the Giants FO, a decent offer has already been offered to Victor on more than one occasion now. We've done our part. This is all on him now, does he want the money that Mara said "will make him a very wealthy young man" or does he want money that will buy him 2 yachts instead of one? Not to bash on Cruz, just offering up some perspective..
    You say that as if you had one job offer that would pay you $7m a year and potentially another that would pay $12m, that you would take the $7m. It's awfully easy to make decisions with other people's money.