+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No sane poster thinks that Murphy is going to be our #3.
    Check the Murphy thread form a week or so ago. They practically have him going to the Pro Bowl, and the only things holding him back were Carson Palmer and Cam Newton.

No. I don't want to be locked into $18m+ in WR contracts when we have Randle's expiring.
    That's assuming Cruz is going to be on a 4 year or more deal and Nicks gets re-signed in 2014 to more than a 2-year deal. You also don't know what the team salary cap number will be for the 2016 season. Oh yea... in addition to Eli..., JPP, David Wilson, the rest of the 2012 draft class and more are scheduled to FAs when Randle's contract expires too. Too many variables.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Yeah. 900 yards from your 3rd WR is really setting the bar very low. I forgot. You guys already have Randle penciled in for 1,100 as the #3. lol
    *1,000*-1,100

We're not including the times where Nicks is hurt and he steps in as the X receiver. Or maybe those times when Cruz gets a nice lick and then disappears for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    From what I've seen from Cruz, I have every reason to believe he's going to continue success.
    Well, what if at 28 or 29, he loses a half step. Is he nearly as dangerous if that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    That's assuming Cruz is going to be on a 4 year or more deal and Nicks gets re-signed in 2014 to more than a 2-year deal. You also don't know what the team salary cap number will be for the 2016 season. Oh yea... in addition to Eli..., JPP, David Wilson, the rest of the 2012 draft class and more are scheduled to FAs when Randle's contract expires too. Too many variables.
    There's only too many variables because you refuse to quantify and deal with them. If it were up to you, future front office will deal with these problems. If it's up to me, the current front office will deal with, or at least consider, them now to prevent them from becoming problems.

Well, what if at 28 or 29, he loses a half step. Is he nearly as dangerous if that happens?
    "So what if *post hypothetical statement here* happens...THEN WHAT?!!?!??!!"

When the time comes, which is in about a year or two..Randle will be dealt with. Just my opinion.
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    i really think they need to add a franchise mode - 10 years to madden to teach people about managing money and a salary cap. And quite honestly, if we re-sign both Cruz AND Nicks, I'll be pretty pissed. there's a reason why the rest of the NFL doesn't have close to 16-20 million locked up in 2 WRs. Add on Eli's 20 million cap it, and a lot of our cap will be taken up by 3 players.
    Madden is actually pretty horrible for that. I always wish I could look at a spread sheet with my players' salaries on them so I can see what the future impact will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    "So what if *post hypothetical statement here* happens...THEN WHAT?!!?!??!!"

When the time comes, which is in about a year or two..Randle will be dealt with. Just my opinion.
    Projecting Cruz' future play is just as spurious as projecting Randle's.

Even if Randle slacks off, does nothing, what's bad in having a reevaluation in three years?

Cruz's value might be at it's highest right now, so in three years, maybe you snag him at 4, 5, or 6 million per year. He still might be an effective player, just not 7 mil good.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Even if Randle slacks off, does nothing, what's bad in having a reevaluation in three years?

Cruz's value might be at it's highest right now, so in three years, maybe you snag him at 4, 5, or 6 million per year. He still might be an effective player, just not 7 mil good.
    Exactly. Having Cruz at 3 years allows the FO much more flexibility moving forward.