+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 7+ million offered to Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    "So what if *post hypothetical statement here* happens...THEN WHAT?!!?!??!!"

When the time comes, which is in about a year or two..Randle will be dealt with. Just my opinion.
    That's fine if it's your opinion, just understand the other side of the issue.

So you don't want to extend Cruz so you can extend Randle? Lol
    This post here shows none of that understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No sane poster thinks that Murphy is going to be our #3.
    I think Murphy was brought in to compete for the #3 WR spot. Randle hasn't earned it that's for sure. I think the #3 WR spot is the fourth option in our passing game after TE, so why is it so unbelievable that Murphy was brought in to compete for that spot? Don't be surprised if he blows up with a QB that can get him the ball.

There's only too many variables because you refuse to quantify and deal with them. If it were up to you, future front office will deal with these problems. If it's up to me, the current front office will deal with, or at least consider, them now to prevent them from becoming problems.
    Repeat: You don't know what the salary cap number will be in 2016. You won't even know what the problem will look like. lol

Projecting Cruz' future play is just as spurious as projecting Randle's.
    Difference is, Cruz is a UFA..Randle just finished his 1st year.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    That's fine if it's your opinion, just understand the other side of the issue.

This post here shows none of that understanding.
    Uh, unless I'm wrong (and I might be because I'm still learning about the cap, so forgive me) aren't we debating about not extending Cruz in order to save money and extend Randle?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Repeat: You don't know what the salary cap number will be in 2016. You won't even know what the problem will look like. lol
    Having three highly priced WRs, and a premium paid QB, will under no circumstances be ideal. The salary cap will never be so high that teams won't worry about what they pay their players.

Uh, unless I'm wrong (and I might be because I'm still learning about the cap, so forgive me) aren't we debating about not extending Cruz in order to save money and extend Randle?
    No. We're not.

This debate is past the point of extension. Imagine that the extension is already done. It's about the benefits of it being shorter rather than 6-7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    I can make a projection. And the FO has an even better idea to make the projection than I do. The cap rose roughly 2% this year. I figure when the TV money comes in, it'll rise at roughly 4%-5% per year. If any new stadia are built, add in an extra .5% or so per stadium to account for increased ticket and luxury box sales. So, I'll say the cap will be between roughly $130m-$135m. And I have 0 access to any of the financial forecasting data that the NFL front offices have.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    No. We're not.

This debate is past the point of extension. Imagine that the extension is already done. It's about the benefits of it being shorter rather than 6-7 years.
    K

No, I was saying it's better to have Cruz on a shorter extension to give us more flexibility a few years from now. I want Cruz extended; I just think it benefits the team more to not extend him for more than 3 years. 4 is okay, but not ideal.

+ Reply to Thread