+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    "Having three highly priced WRs, and a premium paid QB" may never happen for the Giants. All it takes is another WR that plays great on a rookie-capped/cheap contract.
    Oh good, we're all looking long term now.

people....its all very simple. The FO knows what all the ins and outs are. They know they have to plan for the present while also taking into account the future......
    Why is this such a hard concept to grasp????
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I totally agree now that I ​understand.
    Better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    people....its all very simple. The FO knows what all the ins and outs are. They know they have to plan for the present while also taking into account the future......
    Why is this such a hard concept to grasp????
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    And again, I can't stress enough that it's merely speculation on my part. Like Drez mentioned with the puzzle pieces, you can't just kind of hope these things fall into place.

If Nicks and Cruz are signed until 2018, or 2019, Randle (if he pans out) will have zero chance of getting a new deal in 2016, especially if Nicks/Cruz have backloaded deals. Sure, you can cut one of them, but you're gonna eat some sort of penalty for it and, let's face it, probably have to cut ties with a locker-room favorite/great player.
    And it's better to let that player go on his way by way FA than cutting him. Not re-signing a guy and letting him go to FA isn't seen as being as harsh as cutting a guy.

And again, I can't stress enough that it's merely speculation on my part. Like Drez mentioned with the puzzle pieces, you can't just kind of hope these things fall into place.

If Nicks and Cruz are signed until 2018, or 2019, Randle (if he pans out) will have zero chance of getting a new deal in 2016, especially if Nicks/Cruz have backloaded deals. Sure, you can cut one of them, but you're gonna eat some sort of penalty for it and, let's face it, probably have to cut ties with a locker-room favorite/great player.
    Even with that, do you think if they have to cut Nicks/Cruz solely to get Randle a contract, Randle would actually have to be better/more productive than either one of them at that point in the future?

Even with that, do you think if they have to cut Nicks/Cruz solely to get Randle a contract, Randle would actually have to be better/more productive than either one of them at that point in the future?
    And wouldn't it just suck if Randle was playing better and we couldn't keep him because we were handcuffed by other contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And wouldn't it just suck if Randle was playing better and we couldn't keep him because we were handcuffed by other contracts?
    exactly what Free Agency was designed to do....
    spread the talent around the legue......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Very close to it. It's a 3 WR league, Randle will get his opportunities.

Put it to you this way, if say the debate is in three years for Randle or Cruz, and it's a fairly split decision, the tie will probably go to Randle.

Oh good, we're all looking long term now.
    Not really, just pointing out a bunch of other possiblities instead of Cruz and Nicks are going having big deals for certain and Randle is going to have a big deal for certain too. Carefully planning out player contracts and cap management 5-8 years in advance is a nice idea, don't get me wrong. It's just not going to be practical in my opinion due to a lot of factors and teams are going to continue restructuring contracts 5-8 years down the road. Individual players have abolutely no obligation to sign cap-friendly contracts.