+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 7+ million offered to Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Cruz needs to take the deal...
    He needs to negotiate a deal and he will.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Tell that to Mike Wallace and the Dolphins.
    I'm pretty much saying what you said in the next response. Cruz is a slot receiver and as much as the fact he is a good receiver...he is doing his work from the slot. Teams are not going to put $12 million dollars into a slot guy, plus getting hit with a first round pick makes it very unlikely that anyone would even think about bringing him in.

Mike Wallace was a different animal altogether. He was the featured receiver, plus he was a free agent. The only thing a team was going to lose was money if they signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    7mil-plus is plenty for a receiver that drops a lot of balls and alligator arms it after a couple of good shots. People look at Cruz's stats and think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice. I've heard many say they'd prefer Cruz over Nicks. The problem with that is Cruz is not a no.1 WR.

For example: Victor Cruz 2011 - Rec 82 Yards 1,536 TD's 9
    Wes Welker 2011 - Rec 122 Yards 1,569 TD's 9

Despite consistently putting up All-Pro type stats the only big payday Welker ever got was when he was franchised. You can't break the bank for slot guys.
    Like him or not, Cruz has been the most productive receiver over the last two seasons. Reese will determine when the bank is broken.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Like him or not, Cruz has been the most productive receiver over the last two seasons. Reese will determine when the bank is broken.
    can't imagine a Giants fan not liking Victor Cruz.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    can't imagine a Giants fan not liking Victor Cruz.
    And yet.......

Maybe a better term would be appreicate

I like him plenty, but I simply think theres somewhat of a question mark of what exactly he is. His last 12 games were very "un-victor-cruz-like" compared to hows hes painted by those who adore him.

12 games is not a small sample.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I like him plenty, but I simply think theres somewhat of a question mark of what exactly he is. His last 12 games were very "un-victor-cruz-like" compared to hows hes painted by those who adore him.

12 games is not a small sample.
    How did the rest of the offense, to include Eli, do in those games?

$12M is pipe dream before which is an entire season of football during which any number of things can happen that would negatively affect his ability to see that kind of money (injuries, other players outrperforming him for two).. If that is his goal, then take the three year deal and go after the $12M when he has a five season record to justify that kind of mone

The tender is $3-4M less than the average of the deal he has been offered and none of it is guaranteed. Condon can get the original deal more Cruz friendly through negotiations with Reese. This is Victor's best opportunity right now and I believe he will take it after they get some sweetners added.
    oh i agree dont get me wrong. i was just saying, u said there was no upside to playing under the tender for Cruz. And, imo, thats incorrect bc we saw a guy lke Wallace for example get no activity while a RFA, but whn he became an UFA, cha ching...12 mil per...cruz isnt worth 12 mil imo i agree with most u guys. but its not like its crazy for cruz to think he could get a similarsituation

How did the rest of the offense, to include Eli, do in those games?

Eli and the offense also did great when Cruz put up his monster 2011 numbers so its kind of Chicken or the egg... Cruz's production was what his production was and you cant unlink them.

I dont hear anyone knocking Cruz's numbers down simply for the reason of "its because Eli and the offense were doing great".
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

It is rather funny how the argument is often "Eli makes his receivers", yet when they suck it's entirely their fault.

+ Reply to Thread