+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Osi says winning in ATL would be better than in NY.

Civility. Lets find some, shall we?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Civility. Lets find some, shall we?

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure I have mantained a level of civilty in this conversation,,,,compared to my usual lack thereof.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-24-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    It yours as well as many others attitude that turns to immediate hatred towards players that helped us win two rings, as soon as they leave here, that is just so immature. He's just another player that the Giants haven't even made an offer to, who is going to sign somewhere else and he is talking up that team. Plus, seeing as he lives in Atlanta and the fact that it would be their first SB, his comments are kind of understandable.
    You're right I'm sure Detroit fans feel the same way about Titus Young and how he tried to sabotage their team. You are quick to forget all of the stunts Osi has pulled since he has been here. Do you feel the same way about Shockey as you do Osi? I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    You're right I'm sure Detroit fans feel the same way about Titus Young and how he tried to sabotage their team. You are quick to forget all of the stunts Osi has pulled since he has been here. Do you feel the same way about Shockey as you do Osi? I highly doubt it.
    I was a HUGE Shockey fan. I even had a giant cardboard cut out of him in the man cave. That ended up in a bonfire!! I am a GIANTS fan first.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

If a team can cut a player before a contract is up, why is it so wrong for a player to want more money before a contact is up? This is how the NFL works. Don't take it personal. Osi never had one teammate or the head coach say a bad word about him. Comparing him to Shockey is an insult. Shockey caused problems in the huddle and for the whole team.

Banned
    If a team can cut a player before a contract is up, why is it so wrong for a player to want more money before a contact is up? This is how the NFL works. Don't take it personal. Osi never had one teammate or the head coach say a bad word about him. Comparing him to Shockey is an insult. Shockey caused problems in the huddle and for the whole team.
    You clearly just don't get it. Where did I, or anyone else for that matter complain about the man trying to get paid? We care that he is a malcontent and tried to screw the team over by going in for unnecessary knee surgery two years ago, which was more of an effort to screw the organization and the team than Shockey ever put forth.

Because it's stated in the contract that way. It's a general misconception that owners don't honor contracts because they can cut a player. Osi was wrong about his contract because he WILLINGLY signed it with that language in it and was paid a boat load of money UP FRONT, making him the highest paid player at his position at that time. He has the right to WANT to get paid more,,,,but I have the right to not like the way he went about it. He threatened to hold out...publicly called Reese a liar....had a surprise surgery just before the season started because he didn't get his way and missed several games. Not to mention his decreased level of play WHILE demanding more money.

The Shockey comparison is TOTALLY valid as it is merely an example of how I am a Giants fan before I am a player fan. They both behaved in a manor I don't like. Just because it wasn't the SAME behavior doesn't mean the point isn't made.

What I take personally in this conversation is that you think your the more mature poster because you choose to ignore Osi's behavior and that it isn't a discussion worth having. You don't get to decide that for anyone else. If it isn't worth having to you....stay out of it.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-24-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I was a HUGE Shockey fan. I even had a giant cardboard cut out of him in the man cave. That ended up in a bonfire!! I am a GIANTS fan first.
    Same here, just goes to show ya that sometimes the potential is just not worth it with these types(wish we would've kept Shiancoe!)

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Same here, just goes to show ya that sometimes the potential is just not worth it with these types(wish we would've kept Shiancoe!)
    Yeah.....what a huge blunder that was. Thank goodness the Boss man filled the role adequately.

Shiancoe's a free agent by the way.

just saying :P

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread