+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Osi says winning in ATL would be better than in NY.

Meh.... wilson will be gashing him

There is no story here. An older player near the end of his career talking up a prospective new team. He said nothing was better than winning in NY and then added that winning with his prospective new employer could be better. Sounds like a great job interview answer. He's trying to say the right things to get a job. He never brought up his old contract or issues with the Giants, he kept it positive and forward looking as you should. I wish him the best of luck and hope he can make as much money as possible wherever he goes. Osi was a core player on the last 2 SB winning teams. Thanks Osi!

Plenty of contracts get signed in business that in hindsight people regret. I don't know why people think pro athletes should be above these kind of regrets. I always thought he played hard when he was out there regardless of his contract issues. If you play hard I could care less if you whine, cry, or all the other crap.

IMO, it is hypocritical to put LT up on a pedestal and then demonize Osi for his comparably insignificant off the field issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    Winning in Atlanta would be better because its harder to do.
    I thought maybe cause no gives a fig newton about A-Town...not even their Braves.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Why not?....We react to whenever anyone who WASN'T an ex-Giant talks against us. Does being an ex-Giant mean your immune from criticism?
    You have to much time on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    There is no story here. An older player near the end of his career talking up a prospective new team. He said nothing was better than winning in NY and then added that winning with his prospective new employer could be better. Sounds like a great job interview answer. He's trying to say the right things to get a job. He never brought up his old contract or issues with the Giants, he kept it positive and forward looking as you should. I wish him the best of luck and hope he can make as much money as possible wherever he goes. Osi was a core player on the last 2 SB winning teams. Thanks Osi!

Plenty of contracts get signed in business that in hindsight people regret. I don't know why people think pro athletes should be above these kind of regrets. I always thought he played hard when he was out there regardless of his contract issues. If you play hard I could care less if you whine, cry, or all the other crap.

IMO, it is hypocritical to put LT up on a pedestal and then demonize Osi for his comparably insignificant off the field issues.
    +1. Stop getting butt hurt over Osi people.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    You have to much time on your hands.
    Nice rebuttal....too bad it has nothing to do with the conversation and is therefore meaningless. I guess responding to the actual question was too difficult for you. Not to mention, i'm not the one with so much time on his hands that I will continue to post in a thread I consider to be a non story.

No matter what you and a few others think about Osi's behavior while he was a Giant, it doesn't give you the right to decide that other posters don't have the right to feel the way they do about him and open a topic of discussion about it.

Saying "there is no story here" doesn't make it true....it just means you're trying to belittle someone else's opinion of it. If there was TRULY no story, you wouldn't bother posting in a thread about it. If there was truly no story...there would be no thread.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-24-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

+1. Stop getting butt hurt over Osi people.
    Like I said before...go eat one. I will get "butt hurt" over what ever I feel deserves being "butt hurt" over....despite your obsessive need to appear superior because it doesn't bother you.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post

I do not put LT on a pedestal. As a matter of fact, my man cave and me son's bedroom are void of ANYTHING that glorifies LT. I don't want my son thinking it's ok to be a scumbag just because you are a gifted athlete or was once a hero to many. The onky thing I have is a signed game jersey that sits in plastic in the top of my closest. When it's value goes back up I will sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Like I said before...go eat one. I will get "butt hurt" over what ever I feel deserves being "butt hurt" over....despite your obsessive need to appear superior because it doesn't bother you.
    It yours as well as many others attitude that turns to immediate hatred towards players that helped us win two rings, as soon as they leave here, that is just so immature. He's just another player that the Giants haven't even made an offer to, who is going to sign somewhere else and he is talking up that team. Plus, seeing as he lives in Atlanta and the fact that it would be their first SB, his comments are kind of understandable.

It yours as well as many others attitude that turns to immediate hatred towards players that helped us win two rings, as soon as they leave here, that is just so immature. He's just another player that the Giants haven't even made an offer to, who is going to sign somewhere else and he is talking up that team. Plus, seeing as he lives in Atlanta and the fact that it would be their first SB, his comments are kind of understandable.
    I have addressed why I feel the way I do about Osi MORE THAN ONCE in this thread. You either have comprehension issues or you are choosing to ignore them to continue to further your agenda with this conversation.

You are not a more "mature" poster than I because you choose to ignore the way Osi publicly handled his business when he was a Giant. If you choose to bury your head in the sand just beacuse he was once a great player...that's fine....but it doesn't make you better than anyone else here.

I don't like Osi the person. He was wrong about his contract...Reese had all the leverage and Osi threw a public hissy fit over it for several seasons. There was no "immediate" hatred toward him. There are years worth of posts from me condemning his behavior. I hope this dumbed down version of my explination helps.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-24-2013 at 10:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread