+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Madden 13 pisses me off

Everytime I play as the giants they suck. WRs drop passes like its going out of style. Eli's throws are inaccurate. I swear the game makes you throw at least one int every game. Tight ends can't catch. Bradshaw will fumble at the weirdest times. The only teams you can play as in madden are the super duper high ranked ones like the 9erz and ravens. If your a saints,rams,bills fan your screwed. Most people can't even even play as their fav teams cause the dumb game sucks at stats.

first of all, the gameplay sucks.

second, i'm sick of the ice-skate running

players wearing little mini helmets on the back of their heads like they're beanies. makes them look like the fat guy wearing the yellow sped helmet eating the giant hamburger.

the buggy connected careers mode that took the control from players who liked regular franchise mode

commentary sucks, crowd noise sucks and has no context

Eli looks like a mongoloid, with a beanie ****** mongoloid helmet and a gut

game is boring as hell

damn 2k for pulling out like spineless cowards. having no choice SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Everytime I play as the giants they suck. WRs drop passes like its going out of style. Eli's throws are inaccurate. I swear the game makes you throw at least one int every game. Tight ends can't catch. Bradshaw will fumble at the weirdest times. The only teams you can play as in madden are the super duper high ranked ones like the 9erz and ravens. If your a saints,rams,bills fan your screwed. Most people can't even even play as their fav teams cause the dumb game sucks at stats.
    Same. I never play with the Giants,
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

I stick to Tecmo Bowl.. Giants beast in that
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

The game has been rubbish since the 06 iteration. People need to stop purchasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG 5 View Post
    damn 2k for pulling out like spineless cowards. having no choice SUCKS
    They didn't pull out, they were forced. The NFL granted EA exclusive rights to their license in 2005, and they've had sole ownership of it ever since.

EA's contract comes up for renewal next year, so 2K will either be able to outbid EA for it and become the sole manufacturer of licensed NFL titles (doubtful), or hope that the NFL cedes exclusivity and allows anyone to attain rights once more (also doubtful).
    The likely outcome is that EA lock up the license for another decade and render the NFL 2K series as nothing but a distant memory.

Money talks, and as with everything bad that happens to the NFL - this is Goodell's doing.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 02-16-2013 at 09:23 PM.

I disagree. I play as much worse teams than the Giants and wreck people (i.e. - Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers, Cardinals). If you think Eli is inaccurate then you must not play with a wide variety of teams. Try throwing with Kolb, Cassel, Ponder, etc.

The Giants are actually a good Madden team IMO. Offense has speed in WR and RB. Eli can make any throw and he's a 97 overall so your point is not really valid from a technical aspect. Defense is very good minus the linebacking core which is pretty bad. 3 solid corners in Webster, Thomas, and Prince. Sub in J Will as MLB on dime packages facing 4 or 5 WR sets.

My online record is 64-5 and I've only lost one game with the Giants.

Add me on XBL if anyone wants a game. My GT is Bad Fish 86. I usually only play Sunday nights. I will be a terrible team and you can be the 49ers, Ravens etc

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    I disagree. I play as much worse teams than the Giants and wreck people (i.e. - Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers, Cardinals). If you think Eli is inaccurate then you must not play with a wide variety of teams. Try throwing with Kolb, Cassel, Ponder, etc. The Giants are actually a good Madden team IMO. Offense has speed in WR and RB. Eli can make any throw and he's a 97 overall so your point is not really valid from a technical aspect. Defense is very good minus the linebacking core which is pretty bad. 3 solid corners in Webster, Thomas, and Prince. Sub in J Will as MLB on dime packages facing 4 or 5 WR sets.My online record is 64-5 and I've only lost one game with the Giants. Add me on XBL if anyone wants a game. My GT is Bad Fish 86. I usually only play Sunday nights. I will be a terrible team and you can be the 49ers, Ravens etc
    stats don't mean much of anything. In that games Patrick Willis or JPP could be shakes off by some no name RB from Carolina. I no what I saw and Eli acts colorblind in that game. And you say Eli 97 rank means something bu then say you can win with a low ranked teams so that's not exactly valid either.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    stats don't mean much of anything. In that games Patrick Willis or JPP could be shakes off by some no name RB from Carolina. I no what I saw and Eli acts colorblind in that game. And you say Eli 97 rank means something bu then say you can win with a low ranked teams so that's not exactly valid either.
    Yeah. 97 does mean something and stats do too. Eli has the highest rated deep ball in the game. If you give me 1 on 1 press coverage on the outside with Nicks or Cruz with no safety help I will bomb that with Eli all day.

Without writing a paragraph about it, I win with low ranked teams by incorporating a partial West Coast offense mixed with ground and pound depending on their OLine and RBs. I make low risk, high percentage throws. You can't play the same way with every team. The approach/strategy I would use between the Giants and the Vikings is worlds apart.

Oh yeah and Jaguars are my favorite team in Madden. Not joking.

What really ruins the whole thing for me is not being able to edit rosters without reseting pre existing injuries. Aggravated the hell out of me to the point I didnt want to play it.