+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inside info

Inside info

A close friend of mine that works in the Giants scouting department told me that there is one player in the first the Giants are extremely high on and are even willing to trade up if he falls within 5 spots and that player is Xavier Rhodes.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    A close friend of mine that works in the Giants scouting department told me that there is one player in the first the Giants are extremely high on and are even willing to trade up if he falls within 5 spots and that player is Xavier Rhodes.
    I myself like Rhodes as well, but Reese likes his draft picks. If Reese trades up 5 spots, he most likely loses a 2nd or 3rd rd pick? There is a lot of talent in the 2nd and 3rd rd, I would hate to miss out on a quality pick there.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Rhodes would be a solid choice.. I don't know about trading up for him though

I think if he makes it past Tampa & Miami, he'll be there at #19

Oh how I'd love for this to be true but can't see him falling to us and doubt Reese would drop draft picks just to move up and get him.

Theres to much talent on the board to trade up.. If he falls to 19 and thats who we take, i'm all for it, but its hard to say if Rhodes is that much better then Jamar Taylor, Desmond Trufant, Darius Slay , and Jordan Poyer to trade up and give up a precious pick... Its also not really the reese way...

I think this is one of the worst drafts in recent memory to trade up for.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I think this is one of the worst drafts in recent memory to trade up for.
    The ironic part is its one of the best drafts i think i can remember, but mainly because the level of talent is so equal and so plentiful, that its hard to say whos clearly better then who?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The ironic part is its one of the best drafts i think i can remember, but mainly because the level of talent is so equal and so plentiful, that its hard to say whos clearly better then who?
    I have said to many friends/ co workers all fellow giants fans. If any year is the year to trade down for more picks this is it. with all the upperclassmen declaring the talent is bountiful we can get quantity/quality which is rare in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by NYGdraftMIND View Post
    I have said to many friends/ co workers all fellow giants fans. If any year is the year to trade down for more picks this is it. with all the upperclassmen declaring the talent is bountiful we can get quantity/quality which is rare in the nfl
    Yes, this is what i say as well. THe thing is, alot of these underclassmen would of been even higher picks had they gone back to school, and ur getting em in the 3rd, 4th and so on range, just a yr earlier is all.. A guy like Jelani Jenkins for example(just example), who will probably go late 3rd-4th range, most likely would of gone back to school, and been a 2nd, early 3rd guy at worst, and ur getting em in the 4th or so, because they simply declared early..

Veteran
    you may laugh at this but I had a dream in which we drafted Rhodes, don't know why though since I'm not really excited about him or any other draft prospect. That being said Rhodes would be a good pick.

+ Reply to Thread