+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is anyone else scared we trade Cruz?

I've been thinking about it, and I don't have the numbers on hand so bear with me, but Cruz just signed a new contract this preseason I believe.

With that information I can assume that it was a low cost contract to us due to him never having played before, and then he blows up and does all this stuff for such a cheap price. I've been thinking about it and would be scared about the possibility of us trading him away to a WR starved team like the Panthers for one of their veteran defensive players such as a linebacker. Does anyone else see this as a legitimate concern? I'd like to say we're loyal, but at the same time he is an extremely cheap and now proven WR big play talent, attractive in the trade market

EDIT: I REALLY don't want him gone, I freaking love Cruz and have his jersey as of two days ago haha

Veteran

Re: Is anyone else scared we trade Cruz?

No. What? No.

I'm more afraid Reese is a cheap sob and doesn't pay him come contract time.

When he'll freezes over

When hell freezes over

he is signed for 1 more year at $490K.

Almost no one is untradeable, but I'd say there's no way a team as close to the cap as they are, trades a guy who gives the production he does for that price.

[quote user="Itlan"]No. What? No.

I'm more afraid Reese is a cheap sob and doesn't pay him come contract time.[/quote]

Yea cheap sob . We had to cap space . You forget about that?

Veteran

When do you remember Jerry Rees ever trading a young player who they controlled for little money?
    Shockey - attitude and paid well.
    Osi -= Well not gone - but still has 7 mill against capa and a bit of a tude.

Why would you be worried he has absolutely no history of this - not to mention he loves to lock up our best young talent - he did with Tuck/ osi / webster/ eli.

Let the fear go - cruz is here for a while

Sigh.......

[quote user="DemandedAce"]I've been thinking about it, and I don't have the numbers on hand so bear with me, but Cruz just signed a new contract this preseason I believe.

With that information I can assume that it was a low cost contract to us due to him never having played before, and then he blows up and does all this stuff for such a cheap price. I've been thinking about it and would be scared about the possibility of us trading him away to a WR starved team like the Panthers for one of their veteran defensive players such as a linebacker. Does anyone else see this as a legitimate concern? I'd like to say we're loyal, but at the same time he is an extremely cheap and now proven WR big play talent, attractive in the trade market

EDIT: I REALLY don't want him gone, I freaking love Cruz and have his jersey as of two days ago haha[/quote]

Ummm no bro. We found a replacement for steve smith. Wasn't that the point of not wanting to resign smith bc JR believed we had the guys to fill the role. So what, does JR cut cruz now after his production? and fill his spot with someone else? for a veteran LB? this is not madden.

Seriously, can we worry about this season and game before something that wont even happen?

Holy ****, some people are ridiculous.