+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tonyt830's pre-draft mock 3/24

Tonyt830's pre-draft mock 3/24

Ok I was going to post another mock after the combine but before free agency started. But I decided to wait to see what may or may not happen in the initial wave or 2 of free agency. I was stumped a few times, so I created 2 mocks, I will post the 2nd mock in a separate thread.

So here goes---all constructive criticism is welcome. I based my picks on several football sites, some vids and analysts blogs etc.

1. Sheldon Richardson DT--Missouri
    2. Kyle Long G/T--Oregon
    3. Jonathan Bostic LB--Florida
    4. Dwayne Gratz CB--UConn
    5. Michael Buchanan DE--Illinois
    6. Rodney Smith WR—Florida St
    7a. Zac Stacy RB--Vanderbilt
    7b. Rogers Gaines OT—Tennessee St

The only pick the same as my initial mock before the combine is Zac Stacy. Though we don't necessarily need a WR, if Smith is there in the 6th rd when we pick, he can be the Giants next "tall" WR project---low risk pick there. And Rogers Gaines is a local kid down here in the Nashville area. He might develop into a decent back up, maybe makes the PS.

FIRE away fellow fans!
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Where's Ogletree???? This mock is dead to me...

Just kidding but I'm not sure on the Richardson pick now that we have Jenkins as a veteran 3 tech and Austin in the wings. It's very possible that Jenkins might help mentor Austin to become a better player so 3 tech could be off their board early on. I dunno, I just don't think they give up on a 2nd round pick who has had only 1 season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Where's Ogletree???? This mock is dead to me...

Just kidding but I'm not sure on the Richardson pick now that we have Jenkins as a veteran 3 tech and Austin in the wings. It's very possible that Jenkins might help mentor Austin to become a better player so 3 tech could be off their board early on. I dunno, I just don't think they give up on a 2nd round pick who has had only 1 season so far.
    Well I will be posting my alternate pre-draft mock in a few minutes. But I agree, Richardson could light a fire under Austin. But the way I look at it, Jenkins is a temporary fix. I would not mind seeing Richardson for depth and learning behind our D-linemen. Kuhn is coming off a severe injury and like you said, who knows about Austin.

Oh and Ogletree must have slipped my mind---LOL!!
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Veteran
    Feel like we have to come away with a top rated edge rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Well I will be posting my alternate pre-draft mock in a few minutes. But I agree, Richardson could light a fire under Austin. But the way I look at it, Jenkins is a temporary fix. I would not mind seeing Richardson for depth and learning behind our D-linemen. Kuhn is coming off a severe injury and like you said, who knows about Austin.

Oh and Ogletree must have slipped my mind---LOL!!
    I agree with you on getting Austin more competition but I'm just not sure if it will come in the 1st round. There are a few DT candidates in the middle rounds that could provide that honestly. Also have to wonder if Richardson is great value or just ok. Very possible someone better could be available depending on how the chips fall. Can't say that I would be upset with the pick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Feel like we have to come away with a top rated edge rusher.
    In my inital mock before the Combine, I had the Giants taking Quanterus Smith from Western KY in the 6th rd. He is coming off an ACL injury, but figured he could continue to heal and learn behind JPP, Tuck, Kiwi.

I thought about going with Werner in the 1st, if he fell.

I just posted my alternative mock a couple minutes ago in a separate thread---Giants taking Cornelius Washington from Georgia in the 3rd rd.

I would like to see the Giants give Tracy and Ojomo more reps this coming season. Maybe one of them can contribute sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I agree with you on getting Austin more competition but I'm just not sure if it will come in the 1st round. There are a few DT candidates in the middle rounds that could provide that honestly. Also have to wonder if Richardson is great value or just ok. Very possible someone better could be available depending on how the chips fall. Can't say that I would be upset with the pick though.
    Yeah I thought about Sylvester Williams, Everett Dawkins or Bennie Logan at the DT position.

And I may be off--there are a couple teams ahead of the Giants that could use a 3 tech DT--Cowboys, Panthers. So he very well could be gone. I like Floyd a little better, but I think he may go sooners than Richardson.

+ Reply to Thread