+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So do we go O-line in the 1st Fluker and D-line in the 2nd Jenkins?

Veteran

So do we go O-line in the 1st Fluker and D-line in the 2nd Jenkins?

These two kids would make a big difference on both sides of the ball. Fuller would make the right side a true strong side giving the Giants that old ground and pound running game again. again. Jenkins would give us a strong inside push taking up space, making it hard to run and freeing up the MLB to flow to the ball.

Fluker isnt great value at the 19th pick imho.

He is a marginal pass blocker at best. I prefer to take a guy who is a polished passblocker 1st and foremost because it is the harder of the 2 blocking types to teach.

Veteran
    I disagree with that, he's better at pass blocking then he got to show at Alabama being that they we're a run heavy team. All linemen need a nasty streak and he has one naturally and you can't teach that besides he has to be an upgrade over Diehl.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Fluker isnt great value at the 19th pick imho.

He is a marginal pass blocker at best. I prefer to take a guy who is a polished passblocker 1st and foremost because it is the harder of the 2 blocking types to teach.
    I agree.. Also, fluker seemed to be the only one giving up pressures and sacks on that formidable line when i watched.. Seemed anytime the line made a mistake, i heard Flukers name mostly.. Hes one of my biggers perdicted busts actually..

I don't mind going G with Coop or Warmack, but would perfer we find more impact player at pick 19.. Theres a ton of good G's, T's, and C's spread right through this draft.. Guys like frederick, Bailey, Warford, Schwenke, B.Jones, Faulk, Bakhitari..etc

I'll be surprised if Fluker is the pick if he's available at the Giants' spot in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I agree.. Also, fluker seemed to be the only one giving up pressures and sacks on that formidable line when i watched.. Seemed anytime the line made a mistake, i heard Flukers name mostly.. Hes one of my biggers perdicted busts actually..

I don't mind going G with Coop or Warmack, but would perfer we find more impact player at pick 19.. Theres a ton of good G's, T's, and C's spread right through this draft.. Guys like frederick, Bailey, Warford, Schwenke, B.Jones, Faulk, Bakhitari..etc
    I dont think he will bust but he may be an unsuccessful tackle and be forced to play Guard. if they passed on Cordy Glenn who was by far a better prospect and take Fluker I will be seriously confused.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont think he will bust but he may be an unsuccessful tackle and be forced to play Guard. if they passed on Cordy Glenn who was by far a better prospect and take Fluker I will be seriously confused.
    Redeyejedi, that is a great point.

+ Reply to Thread